Do you lose vacation time when you go FT

cwb425

Do you have to sell back your vacation if you go full time??... If my vacation is in may 2013 and I go full time in jan 2013 do I get to still kept that vacation.. ? I am a cover driver and I have to sign up for vacation with the full time drivers.

Thanks

upsman2940

They paid me for all leave I had left at my pt wage. It was my choice if I wanted to take the weeks scheduled with no pay!

brown bomber

brown bomber
when I reached full-time, I was paid off, for my accrued vacation time....I didn't actually get a paid vacation (time off), until the following year....this was 30 yrs. ago, not sure how the rules have changed since then

DorkHead

Where I am, vacation accumulated from your seniority date. Does not matter if you are FT or PT. Just different bid lists so if you have 2 weeks in July as a PTimer and go FT in June, you still get those 2 weeks in July but at the Pt rate.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Where I am, vacation accumulated from your seniority date. Does not matter if you are FT or PT. Just different bid lists so if you have 2 weeks in July as a PTimer and go FT in June, you still get those 2 weeks in July but at the Pt rate.
This.
And as you can probably tell from all the different responses you need to either check your supplement or post what supplement you work under to get the right answer for you.