Do you think an i-Pad would be an appropriate wedding gift?

Do you think an i-Pad would be an appropriate wedding gift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter and what's his name are getting married in July and I would like some feedback from the forum. Do you think that an i-Pad would be an appropriate wedding gift or would it be tacky?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You don't want my opinion, but I was once a bride......I didn't want gifts per se. I wanted to pick out our own 'stuff'. Loved the gift cards and $$$. Getting 4 toasters was not cool. It's an effort to return stuff.

It seems like with the boxed gifts, someone always says, "What was he thinking?"

I'm not a Nordstrum, Macys or Saks person........i would want a card from Home Goods, TJ Maxx & More......or just the $$ to go where I want to go.

Lots of basic things are needed to set up a household before the "gizmos".

klein

Für Meno :)
I have a nice gift for sale, they have been on Kijiji for about a week now.

SANY0219.jpg
SANY0219.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think it's tacky, just very odd. Computers are strange in relationship to humans. It's one of those gadget thingies that people want to investigate, read up on, evaluate, sleep on, hem and haw over and in the end make their "cerebral" decision based upon all the "evidence" they've compiled. Unless they have registered at Best Buy and an i-pad is tops on the list, then by all means, go ahead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think it's tacky, just very odd. Computers are strange in relationship to humans. It's one of those gadget thingies that people want to investigate, read up on, evaluate, sleep on, hem and haw over and in the end make their "cerebral" decision based upon all the "evidence" they've compiled. Unless they have registered at Best Buy and an i-pad is tops on the list, then by all means, go ahead.

They have been living together for 3-4 years and have everything that they need to set up their house. What they really need is cash but there is no polite way to put that on the invitation. I just happened to think of the i-Pad and wanted some feedback.