Do you think the termination will stick

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Or maybe a sup gave him a pkg to scan because it was late already and needed to have a physical scan

And then the sup forgot or denied ever doing it, sounds familiar
But if they pulled it up in telematics it would show him in the center...

And if that did happen it only enforces if you don't feel comfortable scanning a package in the center have them do it with counter board. Do it all the time so drivers don't get whacked for something on a report.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We had 2 guys do this yesterday. On a day when they told us to "do the best you can" and then run the rest in trace. What a bunch of idiots.

You can't fix stupid. I wouldn't give a damn about commit times if I had too many. I'd ask for air help, and if none was furnished, then you got the best that I could do for that day, no cheating or lying.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Incorrect. UPS sees this as dishonesty.

Article 6 of the National Master

8. No employee shall be discharged on a first offense if such dis- charge is based solely upon information received from GPS or any successor system unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be changed because of the use of GPS.

Came here to post this.

Yes. By scanning package across town, he is telling UPS, the shipper and the consignee that the package was delivered on time. This is fraud.

This isn't something new.

The company has terminated drivers for this, prior to telematics.

They were able to do it using the old SPARCS system.

Lying about it.... only compounds the drivers problem.

The company already knew the answer to the question.

-Bug-

Senior driver with 20+years sheets NDA from next town over. Asked about it then lies. Currently on unpaid vacation. I have a feeling they will be going for termination. Nothing prior like that before so I wonder if they will just give the driver a really long unpaid vacation or terminate.

If they terminate, do you think it will stick? Two cardinal sins...I'm thinking it will especially since we have all been warned so much about doing that.
If he goes in there and owns it saying he was scared and he'll never do it again he should be okay. How much safe driving does he have. Is he a runner? Does he fly below the radar? Just when I think there's nobody left that doesn't know that they can't sheet a package when they aren't physically at the adress it happens again. There's a lot of people out there that don't know what's going on.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If he goes in there and owns it saying he was scared and he'll never do it again he should be okay. How much safe driving does he have. Is he a runner? Does he fly below the radar? Just when I think there's nobody left that doesn't know that they can't sheet a package when they aren't physically at the adress it happens again. There's a lot of people out there that don't know what's going on.
Or the fact that BIG BROTHER is watching us all the time. And their not just watching from the center but they watch in different areas in office buildings in our district all day long too.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Lead belly is dead on. The driver knows he was wrong, company knows he was wrong, union knows he's wrong. If he shows up very humble and apologetic, is not a huge pain in the companies ass prior, it's probably time served, come in Monday with no back pay. If he's cocky and tries to justify it, and or has been a serious problem in the past, it's probably going to get ugly.