Do you use your no call/no show every year?

rod

Retired 22 years
And no he wasn't.......Ivan likes to go too the VFW on Thursday
Nights ....and toss a few back

I was there tonight (thurs) myself. Dollar beer, dollar hamburgers and dollar fries night. The place was packed. Took the wife there for supper. 2 hamburgers, 2 cheeseburgers ($1.25), one order of fries and 4 beers---total $9.50. Nobody can say I don't treat my wife to the finer things in life.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was there tonight (thurs) myself. Dollar beer, dollar hamburgers and dollar fries night. The place was packed. Took the wife there for supper. 2 hamburgers, 2 cheeseburgers ($1.25), one order of fries and 4 beers---total $9.50. Nobody can say I don't treat my wife to the finer things in life.
Your a good man rod!!!!!!!

Brisket

Ha, I got that covered, too - I have the UPS numbers and a couple names on my fridge in case my child needs to call me in.

I have overslept once and been late because of the DOT physical once and both times UPS and other drivers were tracking me down because it was so unlike me.

I can't imagine just not showing up - on purpose.

Exactly!

BiggieBrown

Is it that hard to send a text?

I did this tonight b/c I didn't feel good.
I texted my sup saying I felt horrible and I went to bed.
Woke up this morning with a text from him a couple hours later, saying that he was off today and that I should call the center.
Also had a missed call from the center about 10 minutes after start time.

I guess I just no called no showed? Am I getting fired?
I just got written up 2 weeks ago for breaking the propane pump...

km3

Woke up this morning with a text from him a couple hours later, saying that he was off today and that I should call the center.

No. Maybe they'll write you up. More likely they'll just tell you not to let it happen again. The last time I no call no showed nobody said a single word to me the next time I came in.

Don't worry about it.

dudebro

If the sup had time to text you that, why didn't he/she just tell/text the center manager, day off or not?

Firing a text without regard to getting an answer is kind of on you, you should make more of an effort to get a hold of someone.

But since the sup got it, I actually put this one more on the sup, personally.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People use to do this a lot when I was part time
I almost got a guy fired by getting him so drunk he would pass out and not call in. Real but job. Followed me from his previous job. Acted like we were besties.

He ended up stealing lotto tickets and selling them to buddies. maroon.