Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Only When I can’t Maintain 6ft of Separation

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Never

Votes: 32 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overpaid Union Thug

Just curious. Some of our commercial stops are trying to get us to wear masks. Some only require vendors. Some everyone. I think it’s utter BS. Especially when the customers aren’t required but we are.

*Mods* Please move this to the “UPS Discussions” forum if possible. That’s where I meant for it to be.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just curious. Some of our commercial stops are trying to get us to wear masks. Some only require vendors. Some everyone. I think it’s utter BS. Especially when the customers aren’t required but we are.

*Mods* Please move this to the “UPS Discussions” forum if possible. That’s where I meant for it to be.

I like to ask for the name of the person who made the decision so I have a name for the lawsuit that I file when I get sick because I was required to wear a mask.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I put the mask on right before I enter the establishment. Makes the customer feel secure. Right before that, I was exhaling and manually transfering potential dangerous microbes with the occasional cough or sneeze, on every parcel, so everyone and everything in that establishment is now potentially infected.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As some of you may know, I am working as a tax preparer. The virus has dramatically changed how we do business. Face to face interviews are on hold for the time being-----clients either bring their documents in and leave them or they upload them and the return is prepared and completed all without having to leave their house. We are leaving every other cube empty and removed all but one chair from our waiting area. We have a cube dedicated for drop offs which we sanitize after each and every client and limit the number of clients allowed in the office at any time. The majority of clients who walk in the door are wearing masks, practicing social distancing and appreciate our efforts to keep our office as germ free as possible.

I bring my mask to work with me and put it on whenever a client walks in the door. I do not wear it when it is just me and the other tax pro in the office. I wear hearing aids and glasses and it is hard to comfortably wear a mask while doing so. It is also hard to talk on the phone while wearing a mask.

New York is slowly working toward reopening in phases on a regional basis. We are considered to be financial services and as such are in Phase 2, which means that we could go back to our more traditional business model two weeks after Phase 1 has begun without relapse. I live and work in the Capital District and don't foresee them allowing us to enter Phase 1 until the end of the month and Phase 2 on or around June 15.

I wear mine.ost of the things me. It's hard to breathe through all day

Overpaid Union Thug

What’s the big deal? Put the :censored2:ing mask on when you walk in, then take it off when you walk out.
That is exactly what I do at my one stop that requires a mask and it’s not a big deal m. But I, or anyone else who is not high risk, should not have to wear a mask because someone else wants us to. The only people that should be wearing masks or the ones that are high risk. And if it’s that serious then maybe they should stay home? If not then they can wear a mask if they choose.

Six months from now people are going to be getting sick from other things that they normally wouldn’t because they wore a mask most of the day for weeks or months at a time and lowered their resistance. Wearing it for one of my stops will not do that but I am the type of person that hates doing things purely for optics. Such as wearing a safety vest in the morning and then at the end of the day. LOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They can come to the door and grab the boxes. That’s what some of my doctors offices do.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Both of the cities I deliver in require masks to be worn by everyone who enters any place of business. I saw a guy throw a fit the other day because he got kicked out of a 7-11 for not wearing one.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That is exactly what I do at my one stop that requires a mask and it’s not a big deal m. But I, or anyone else who is not high risk, should not have to wear a mask because someone else wants us to. The only people that should be wearing masks or the ones that are high risk. And if it’s that serious then maybe they should stay home? If not then they can wear a mask if they choose.

Six months from now people are going to be getting sick from other things that they normally wouldn’t because they wore a mask most of the day for weeks or months at a time and lowered their resistance. Wearing it for one of my stops will not do that but I am the type of person that hates doing things purely for optics. Such as wearing a safety vest in the morning and then at the end of the day. LOL
That’s not how the mask works for Covid control. Jesus Christ.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

The alleged goal of the masks is to protect others from spread by the wearer, not to protect the wearer.