Do you workout?

Brownsfan

With a physical job like ours, do you feel the need to workout ?

I lost over 80 pounds from doing paleo style eating plan, but at 190 I have no where near the strength I had at 280. Thinking I need to start working out.

oldngray

nowhere special

I lost over 80 pounds from doing paleo style eating plan, but at 190 I have no where near the strength I had at 280.

When you lose weight about 25% of the loss is muscle even if you exercise. I gained weight after I retired and later lost it but also felt weaker until I built back up strength.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When you lose weight about 25% of the loss is muscle even if you exercise. I gained weight after I retired and later lost it but also felt weaker until I built back up strength.
Depends on your diet. You can lose weight without losing much muscle. It's very hard but can be done.

Brownsfan

All of my so called health indicators are perfect. But the weakness I feel at work is hard to ignore. Man I use to be as strong as an ox. Now a 50 pound box has me struggling a bit.
25 percent is a lot. I for sure feel it.

30 to life

I lost over 80 pounds from doing paleo style eating plan, but at 190 I have no where near the strength I had at 280. Thinking I need to start working out.
When I go on lunch I stretch and do 200 pushups and 200 crunches; it helps that hour lunch go by faster. I am to tired at the end of the day to do it plus when I get home my kids want to play and I just don't want to wake up early in the morning.

Brownsfan

When I go on lunch I stretch and do 200 pushups and 200 crunches; it helps that hour lunch go by faster. I am to tired at the end of the day to do it plus when I get home my kids want to play and I just don't want to wake up early in the morning.
I could easily incorporate a simple work out like this into my day. Thanks for the input

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have to go in the mornings. Just never know when we may get off work.

It's hard getting up that early but gotta do it. Start with my 17 year old cousin in the morning. This old man can't keep up with a 17 year old should be interesting. Lol

Edit. Stay away from crunches. Very hard on your spine. Try planks.

MoarTape

I always intend to, but it's a pita being an on call feeder driver. If I try to go to the gym before work, they will call me in. By the time I'm done with work, I'm usually too tired and end up going to sleep. They say it's good to develop a routing, but it's hard when you never have a steady schedule.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The working out part is the easy part, its the eating right and frequency and timing of eating is what is the hardest to do. No point in working out if your not going to eat right. Proper nutrition is the biggest part of the equation.

Brownsfan

The working out part is the easy part, its the eating right and frequency and timing of eating is what is the hardest to do. No point in working out if your not going to eat right. Proper nutrition is the biggest part of the equation.
Bro I got the eating down to a t. Now I got to get some supplemental training in.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Bro I got the eating down to a t. Now I got to get some supplemental training in.
All you need really is some creatine, glutamine, whey protein and a good muti- vitamin. That's a good base to start, to cover food and vitamins and minerals that are necessary for your muscles to grow, recover and replenish nutrients the body has depleted through working out. And water is a big, big thing to consume.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I use to. I'd get off work, come home and work out. I wasn't large but I was toned and in great shape. Now fast foward 6 years and I'm in feeders, living on my own, married with a kid and I'm 50 pounds heavier. I really want to work out but honestly my legs feel like jelly. I don't know if it's just from being lazy but I have a bad problem with my legs. I've tried biking, walking, jogging, and my legs feel almost hollow. I can still lift, it's just my damn legs always have this weird numb pain in them all the time.

Dagoof

I have a gym on route I take my hour lunch there every day. People think Im crazy with all the exercise we get. I get out of the browns and escape for an hour.

MethodsMan

I've been lifting weights consistently since my Sophomore year of high school. Its always been something I enjoyed. It got harder as I became a driver with the hours we work. Until I discovered lifting before work. Its a great kick in the arse to get your day going. 5 days a week. 4 days a week during the work week and then I go in Sunday morning. Its a good healthy addiction.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always get my workout in before work, trying to hit the gym after a long day never worked for me. My focus has varied over the years but I've always done something, I just don't feel right with out it. When I first started driving I was mostly lifting then I got into running and was logging 50-60 mile weeks for a few years, now I'm back to more lifting although I still get plenty of cardio. Like others have said diet is the real key to controlling your weight, and being in feeders now it's more important than ever.