Doctor Visits and Option Days for FT Employees

ToteHoarder

Hi, I was just wondering if use of option days is required for having to miss work to be seen by a doctor for health issues or if a doctor’s excuse is sufficient.

Any citation of UPS literature would be greatly appreciated. My on road sup did not know the answer.

Hi, I was just wondering if use of option days is required for having to miss work to be seen by a doctor for health issues or if a doctor’s excuse is sufficient.

Any citation of UPS employee literature would be greatly appreciated. My on road sup did not know the answer
Yes, your time off is to be used for your personal business. What would you think you should do to get the day off?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Any citation of UPS employee literature would be greatly appreciated. My on road sup did not know the answer
Are you out of sick days and they used a personal day? I’m confused
✊🧔

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Any citation of UPS literature would be greatly appreciated. My on road sup did not know the answer.
YEAH IT IS , YOU JUST WANT THE DAY OFF AND NOT USE ANY SICK OR PERSONAL DAYS? 🤣
They gotta suck down your days so you don’t keep going to the “ doctor”
🧔✊

Staydryitsraining

Use the rules against them. Let them burn your option days and when you need a day off go run to the drive in clinic and say your knee hurts and get a note for the day off.

ToteHoarder

FMLA or quit. You’re full time you should be aware of this. Knowledge is power , power is knowledge
🧔✊

I think you guys are misunderstanding.

I don’t have a qualifying condition for FMLA but I do require frequent monitoring by my doctors. Having to go into the office to be monitored requires me to burn all my option days.

I was just wondering if I must use them for doctor visits.

Est.1998

I don’t have a qualifying condition for FMLA but I do require frequent monitoring by my doctors. Having to go into the office to be monitored requires me to burn all my option days.

That definitely sounds like a qualifying condition.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Well then your toast bud , sorry can’t help ya.
UPS runs a tight ship we need everyone on deck...the weak get shoved off the side of the boat ...you catch my drift?

🧔✊

Were you denied FMLA previously?

ToteHoarder

Were you denied FMLA previously?
No.
What are you asking? Do you wanna not use your option days and just not get paid? Or did you wanna use your sick days instead?
Yes, I want to not get paid.

Okay I appreciate the responses. I will go over employee and FMLA material and consider from there.

Did you know some doctors don’t even “believe” in FMLA? My wife had to previously find a new doctor to get the paperwork for it done for work after her previous doctor told her that.

Thanks again.

allahuakbar

She/Her
No.

Yes, I want to not get paid.

Okay I appreciate the responses. I will go over employee and FMLA material and consider from there.

Did you know some doctors don’t even “believe” in FMLA? My wife had to previously find a new doctor to get the paperwork for it done for work after her previous doctor told her that.

Thanks again.
Just tell them you wanna schedule the day off and not get paid then.

Appvol

At my center we just tell them we have a doctors appointment want be there sorry. You don’t have to use personal days.

SLW

I was actually just going to ask a very similar question, but since this is already a thread I'll just do it here:

I've had two unavoidable call ins in the past two weeks. Now I have 2 appt this week: one on a scheduled work day, and one on a day I should have off, but that I suspect I'll be forced in. Should i use a sick day for at least one of em or just keep calling in? Never had to call in until very recently and I still don't understand what it is, how it works, or more importantly if/how it'll be used against me. Can't find anything in the (atlantic) contract about it.