Doctors appointment.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
So I texted my supervisor today telling her I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 12:45pm for a follow up on a injury I had(at work). She then called me and told me “just come in tomorrow and we’ll Just have you run air or some misloads then we’ll send you home or let you go to the clinic in a package car. That way you don’t get an occurrence”. Are they :censored2:ing serious? Can they actually do this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I texted my supervisor today telling her I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 12:45pm for a follow up on a injury I had(at work). She then called me and told me “just come in tomorrow and we’ll Just have you run air or some misloads then we’ll send you home or let you go to the clinic in a package car. That way you don’t get an occurrence”. Are they *ing serious? Can they actually do this?
Only if you let them
If you don’t have an attendance problem tell them you’ll see them Friday

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I texted my supervisor today telling her I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 12:45pm for a follow up on a injury I had(at work). She then called me and told me “just come in tomorrow and we’ll Just have you run air or some misloads then we’ll send you home or let you go to the clinic in a package car. That way you don’t get an occurrence”. Are they *ing serious? Can they actually do this?
Should be the company doctor, no?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I mean, it sounds like you’ll be on the clock for a doctors appointment? Not a bad thing if it’s a work injury anyway.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Document everything , management is not your friend.
✊🧔

542thruNthru

Well you're scheduled to work and per the contract they have to pay you for that doctor's appointment anyways so I would say YES they can do that. You don't just get the whole day off because you have a 1 hour doctor's appointment unless you want to use a day.
Screenshot_20210520-123337_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

They do what they want to do. But after you deliver for a while they will say that they observed you and you are fine. No need to go to "clinic". Manage type folks are also trained in the medical field. Lol.

35years

Gravy route
They are paying you for the whole day, part of which will be going to the doctor.

Yes, you have to work, if your doctor restrictions allow it.

Just make sure it is work that is within your restrictions.

Make sure they know you want a full day's pay if they want you to come in. If you run missorts or air; then doctor's appointment; tell them you still want the rest of your pay.

All time going to the doctor, at the doctor and coming back is on the clockthat way. Then take your full break. That will only leave you about 2 1/2 hours to sit around collecting pay at the end.

Easiest day you can have!

Don't agree to punch out before the doctor.

DriverNerd

This happened to me about five years ago. They had me drive to my appointment in the middle of my day on my route (because we were short staffed) then drove back and finished my route. That was easy money.

ManInBrown

When are people going to learn that supervisors aren’t your personal friends? They’re the enemy. Don’t text anyone on their personal phone. Call them at the work number. Stop giving them your life story about why you won’t be in. No I’m not coming in to run air. No I’m not driving a package car to the clinic. I will not be in tomorrow. Click. Stop giving supervisors and management your life story. I won’t be in. CLICK. The new generation of hourlies are going to run this job right into the friend’n ground.

35years

Gravy route
If they are paying him workers comp for the day they can make him work if his restrictions allow it. If he turns down the work they may not have to pay for the day.