doctors notes/option days

I have a small issue, i have a small injury that required me to be out of work for two days, i had a doctors note that required those days off, now my issue is that my manager took two of my option days from me, is this right? can he do this even though i had a doctors note, i only get so many days off paid and i sure didnt want to use them on that, i thank those who reply.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you have a drs note, they aren't 'dead days'. They are injured, and you should have the choice to be paid or not. If you received the pay, you'd have to pay it back.

outta hours

Check your regional supplement. In my area the first 7 days you miss are coded as option/paid days. If you call in they will be used. However if time off unpaid is available that's different, and they are not used in that instance.

UPSGUY72

I have a small issue, i have a small injury that required me to be out of work for two days, i had a doctors note that required those days off, now my issue is that my manager took two of my option days from me, is this right? can he do this even though i had a doctors note, i only get so many days off paid and i sure didnt want to use them on that, i thank those who reply.

Your really complaining about what days you want off paid and what days you want off not paid. Think about it???

GolfCart

My boss said " If you need off , you use your 7 sick days or you should be off on vacation . " You can NOT get off any more at my hub . They do this every new year, lay off the cover drivers and force us full timers to work every day . I went home 2 times so far this year , reported to work they had extras , I went home ( no pay ) , now they are saying that will NEVER happen again ?? They are crazy ! they are going to be short handed all year if they try this . As always I HATE MY JOB !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a Supe try to pull this with us a year ago. We have guys that take dead days all year and then in November they suddenly have personal days to use up. I took a day 2 weeks ago unpaid even though I have 1 optional day and 5 single vacation days to use.

over9five

Staff member
Nothing in the supplement in the ol' Bubble of Goodness.

Does the Bubble of Goodness have its own contract and supplement? Is it in a book covered with rose petals? Does management and hourly then dance together barefoot thru the rose petals?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Does the Bubble of Goodness have its own contract and supplement? Is it in a book covered with rose petals? Does management and hourly then dance together barefoot thru the rose petals?
I have no idea, as the bubble is only over Plattsburgh. The other shops in our local have no rose petals falling from the sky and golden rays of sunshine dancing with oodles of goodness cupcakes.

over9five

Staff member
I have no idea, as the bubble is only over Plattsburgh. The other shops in our local have no rose petals falling from the sky and golden rays of sunshine dancing with oodles of goodness cupcakes.
Oh, I know you're not in it. I just thought maybe you could see the golden rainbow that begins and ends in the Bubble.