Document held in customs --- when will it be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yue Zhao

I recently sent my non-U.S. passport from New Jersey to Montreal to get a visa sticker from the Belgium consulate (I was in Canada last year so I applied there). Yesterday (Friday) my passport was ready, and I asked a friend in Montreal to ship the passport back to New Jersey using UPS Worldwide Express with Saturday delivery. The passport arrived at Louisville at midnight yesterday; the latest update is at 2 am this morning showing Warehouse Scan, and the status now is Held in Warehouse, with no scheduled delivery information.

I called UPS earlier and was told that my passport somehow ended up in customs (they said it is unusual), and UPS doesn't know when it would be released. I wonder how my passport (with nothing else at all in the envelope and zero declared commercial value) ended up in customs? Any idea when it would be released from customs?

Thanks in advance!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like it was shipped as a document with no commercial invoices included when it should have been shipped as a package with commercial invoices.

Status
Not open for further replies.