Does 9.5 mean different in your area??

Thead Shi

Pretty new to ups, hired off the street a bit over a year ago as a driver in a pretty small center(1 belt!). Boss is chill(ish) and was telling me about he one upped a fellow driver who tried to 9.5 him by saying ‘Ok we’ll reduce your load but your start time is an hour later then’ . Is that how it works with every center? Seems pretty :censored2:ty of the boss to acknowledge he’s overburdened but not help in a way that actually gets the driver to his family sooner.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Pretty new to ups, hired off the street a bit over a year ago as a driver in a pretty small center(1 belt!). Boss is chill(ish) and was telling me about he one upped a fellow driver who tried to 9.5 him by saying ‘Ok we’ll reduce your load but your start time is an hour later then’ . Is that how it works with every center? Seems pretty :censored2:ty of the boss to acknowledge he’s overburdened but not help in a way that actually gets the driver to his family sooner.
In New England, that driver would get to change his bid.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Had this happen to a coworker, of course he is an early leave route to drop a bulk stop off that wants the volume there early. Needless to say he was back on his start time in a couple of weeks because the customers complained and couldn't get someone there in time. They will do whatever it takes to screw with you to get you off the list, the point is to stand your ground and not let them mess with you too much or it will continue to happen. Unfortunately for you it will be a while before you can get on the list so take some pointers from the older drivers on what to do when the time comes to go on the list is my suggestion.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

We have a satellite guy here that has happened to. His start time on Monday is 1130 and the rest of the week it's 1150. This driver likes to slow-play and then claim he was over dispatched. The thing is, when other people run his route the customers always say we were there earlier than he was or the drivers that run it from our center (an hour away) still manage to get done faster than he does. What he got, he brought on himself because of his games.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
It means 30-40% penalty pay in Wisconsin for Tyler and Scott Walker.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds good to me, I’ll let the air driver take stops off after he’s done delivering my air. Also due to the fact I have less time to deliver my businesses scattered through my route, I’ll be doing my route twice, as such will need more work taken off.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Had this happen to a coworker, of course he is an early leave route to drop a bulk stop off that wants the volume there early. Needless to say he was back on his start time in a couple of weeks because the customers complained and couldn't get someone there in time. They will do whatever it takes to screw with you to get you off the list, the point is to stand your ground and not let them mess with you too much or it will continue to happen. Unfortunately for you it will be a while before you can get on the list so take some pointers from the older drivers on what to do when the time comes to go on the list is my suggestion.
25% of my building is on the 9.5 list. We have on car supervisors suggesting to drivers to go on the 9.5 list.

GenericUsername

If he's the only one who will be started later for nothing more than being on the 9.5 list, then it sounds to me like that's a harassment grievance right there.

Go on the list, get started an hour later, slow down and get off at the same time you used to while doing less work and having them take additional work off you? Sounds good to me.

Faceplanted

If they change your start time because your on the 9-5 list and change nobody else’s start time, it’s grounds for a harassment/retaliation grevence.

Neanderthal

B4589416-CD9E-4B9A-942A-82AA83C61AA5.jpeg

Froome

If you start later, no eam, no nda to get del. Sounds nice. Get everyone else on tbe 9.5 list and the air drivers will be busting their butts. To be serious, it is harrasment. If they change the start time doesn't the route have to go back up for bid to the center?

Thead Shi

If he's the only one who will be started later for nothing more than being on the 9.5 list, then it sounds to me like that's a harassment grievance right there.

Go on the list, get started an hour later, slow down and get off at the same time you used to while doing less work and having them take additional work off you? Sounds good to me.
Yes he is the only person who I know of that has gotten onto the 9.5 list. We only have 15 routes max during non suicidal Christmas season. God now I’m just depressed thinking about a couple months from now I wonder if I can 9.5 myself then LOL

Thead Shi

Thanks for the input everybody I have appreciated the different response from different centers. Sounds like my boss is just a dick, tho reading other forum topics every boss is a dick must be a job requirement...

Froome

Look at the bright side, when 1 gets on the list, more tend to follow. The work has to go somewhere. Then they file 9.5, and their excess work has to go to the other 13. And if the employees have the back bone they will file too.

Neanderthal

Do you even know how all this works?

Thank you! Serious if you don't like what he has to say that's fine. I respect it but don't look like a bigger idiot by making a moronic meme.

What’s confusing about settling the hours in his 9.5 grievance for 30 percent of their value?

It’s a penalty.

If he works 12 hours five days out of the week, he worked 2.5 hours per day beyond 9.5

The penalty would be 12.5 hours at his over-time rate of pay for that particular week in question.

He claimed in his video his local settles for 30-40 percent of that amount in order to expedite the grievance procedure since they are back logged 6 months.

So he accepts 3.75 hours at his hourly rate?

The penalty is simply that, not something to bargain over

GenericUsername

Yes he is the only person who I know of that has gotten onto the 9.5 list. We only have 15 routes max during non suicidal Christmas season. God now I’m just depressed thinking about a couple months from now I wonder if I can 9.5 myself then LOL

Can't get on the 9.5 list at Christmas time.