Does a 4 x10 sleeper run count as 5 days worked?

HollandMan73

Hey guys and gals....I'm looking at a start date of Sept.22.....that doesn't leave me alot of time to hit my 30 days prior to Nov. 1st . The contract states
"A premium service layover and sleeper team driver equals in four (4) days the same benefits as a five (5) day hourly driver."
Would that also count as 5 days worked? If not....the only way I could make 30 days by the 1st is if there is extra work on the 5th day every week prior to Nov. 1st. ---TIA

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not sure, but I would say it does not. You are entitled to the benefits of a 5 day a week worker, but they aren't going to count 4 10's as you actually working 5 days

P

pickup

To the original poster, I think the Nov 1st date you are using in your calculations is not relevant. I believe the cutoff point for making your 30 days is Oct 15. So, with a Sept 22 start date, it doesn't matter whether a sleeper team run counts as 5 days or not.

HollandMan73

Hey VonDutch.....Do you think the extra days would be there to work Fri. or Sat.? I will take the job if I can get my 30 in....I can't quit my job if it's gonna be January untill I get on the board....I have 3 children and a stay at home wife.....can't risk 2-3 months with no Health insurance....otherwise it would not be a big deal.

HollandMan73

Thanks bug.

Sorry Upstate....I don't think there will be much of a "negotiation" going on with 710.....the last proposal will get rammed through by Hoffa/Hall....they might even let them vote on it again for good measure.......and still push it through if its a No vote. In my Freight Local 179 and 705/710 it was vote till you get it right! We were all put under the Master Freight Agreement last contract and all white paper agreements/supplements will be null and void after the current contract is up. Hoffa/Hall will not be of any help to 710 or 705.....their goal is to take over those 2 locals and they've almost got one already. The only hope the big locals have now is to give Hoffa the boot and get a real Teamster in office.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Holland,

I tossed that out ,especially after you said you were from Hodgkins, as I talked with a sleeper team from there just this week in Min. He said he had come over from Conway and was making 4 Chi-MN runs a week and then signing up for his sixth day to work extra. I don't know the specifics beyond that. You'd have to ask someone out of your local.

PT Car Washer

Our sleeper teams run to Philly and back and after a day off run to Ontario and back. See both the East Coast and West Coast in the same week.

HollandMan73

Thanks for the info. my fellow Teamsters. ...I am going to call the BA today to try and get some concrete info. before I take the plunge. This board is great!

Mike57

At Hodgkins(CACH) The signs on the fence say FULL TIME,Nothing about casual,Nothing about seasonal. These are REAL DEAL FT jobs. Mostly for sleeper, and some for other (Local 710) road work. Nothing for (Local 705) local tractor trailer work yet.