MycroBlasty

I started at 11 an hour about 9 months ago, busting my butt the whole time and may be getting promoted to pt supervisor in January which is around 16 an hour.

my question is, when the minimum wage increases to 13 an hour, will supervisors get a pay increase too?

it almost seems like its not worth it to take the promotion if its a 3 dollar pay increase, when I factor in what I'm losing(union protection, over time after 5.) and gain(more stress, middle management blame.)

I did hear something about being a college graduate results in an even higher pay rate, which I am but I cant find any information on that.

thanks for any input(except for comments like "you sell out" or whatever lol)

PT Car Washer

I started at 11 an hour about 9 months ago, busting my butt the whole time and may be getting promoted to pt supervisor in January which is around 16 an hour.

my question is, when the minimum wage increases to 13 an hour, will supervisors get a pay increase too?

it almost seems like its not worth it to take the promotion if its a 3 dollar pay increase, when I factor in what I'm losing(union protection, over time after 5.) and gain(more stress, middle management blame.)

I did hear something about being a college graduate results in an even higher pay rate, which I am but I cant find any information on that.

Check out your PT sup contract book.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’ll get what they give you

And

Like it!

Box Ox

it almost seems like its not worth it to take the promotion

PWTCckH.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ummm it's not a promotion.

brownIEman

More than likely the min wage increase will not result in a PT sup wage hike. There is just not enough incentive for UPS to increase that cost. $3 bump an hour and less physical work will still likely provide UPS with enough candidates, either from the ranks or off the street.

Nimnim

The Nim
Sups and management are on pay bands, there could be a small bump to the bottom tier of the lowest end of the pay band, but since one of the incentives to go into supervision from hourly is a bump in pay it's unlikely you'd see any increase to the pay for becoming the lowest of the low PT sup.

As far as greater pay for being a college grad, the only thing I can tell you is a few years ago in my area they decreed a PT sup could not move up to FT sup without a 4 year degree.

Edit: Many PT sups end up doing more work than they did before because they are more beholden to one more level up than us hourlies are, then they get grieved and have to do more paperwork on top of it. . .

snarts

Lol I know sups who are forced to work off the clock no way are they going to increase their pay anytime soon.

john chesney

No you get more hours no more money. That’s what you deserve for being stupid enough to go into management