Does a minor accident in my personal vehicle disqualify me from driving ?I was not ticketed? Florida

Upsloser

i've been on the preload for five years today they finally called me to come fill out my paperwork to drive. They told me Tuesday I'm going to do my road test at my building. Less than 12 hours after this conversation with HR I was in a minor traffic accident where I rear-ended somebody. I was not ticketed or cited. What should I do now? do I tell UPS ? Is this going to disqualify me from driving? They pulled my MVR today and the incident happened this evening . Again I was not cited and I've had a clean driving record for the past 12 years without any infraction. Anybody's input is greatly appreciated

UPSGUY72

i've been on the preload for five years today they finally called me to come fill out my paperwork to drive. They told me Tuesday I'm going to do my road test at my building. Less than 12 hours after this conversation with HR I was in a minor traffic accident where I rear-ended somebody. I was not ticketed or cited. What should I do now? do I tell UPS ? Is this going to disqualify me from driving? They pulled my MVR today and the incident happened this evening . Again I was not cited and I've had a clean driving record for the past 12 years without any infraction. Anybody's input is greatly appreciated

If you rear ended someone it's your at fault. How do you know when they pulled your MVR record UPS doesn't do it they sub contract someone to.. Also if the other person files a claim with there insurance your going to hit with points whether or not you got a ticket.

That being said you should be ok because it won't going on to driving record for a couple of months if the other person files a claim.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
yw1jLe.gif

8000Shelf

If you weren't ticketed it most likely won't be on your MVR. Therefore I'd say UPS never has to know about it.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you are a crappy enough driver to rear-end someone in your personal car, what are you going to do in a package car?

Put the phone down and pay attention.

Upsloser

So I keep my mouth shut for now ,I go to school, I get put on for peak and I hopefully drive until January when all the boxes settle down... i'm sure I'll be back in the building come January.Now the next list that I sign, what am I supposed to say to HR when they ask me all these driving history questions again? Also what's involved in the DOT physical? I heard they take a sample of urine but it's only to test for diseases not a urinalysis for drugs is this true? Before you jump to any conclusions I am not a drug user I was walking down the street a couple days ago when I smelled reefer. With my luck just like this minor accident occurring hours after my visit with HR I'm sure the reefer that I smelled has probably infected my urine too. Any advice is greatly appreciated
If you rear ended someone it's your at fault. How do you know when they pulled your MVR record UPS doesn't do it they sub contract someone to.. Also if the other person files a claim with there insurance your going to hit with points whether or not you got a ticket. That being said you should be ok because it won't going on to driving record for a couple of months if the other person files a claim.

Upsloser

So I keep my mouth shut for now ,I go to school, I get put on for peak and I hopefully drive until January when all the boxes settle down... i'm sure I'll be back in the building come January.Now the next list that I sign, what am I supposed to say to HR when they ask me all these driving history questions again? Also what's involved in the DOT physical? I heard they take a sample of urine but it's only to test for diseases not a urinalysis for drugs is this true? Before you jump to any conclusions I am not a drug user I was walking down the street a couple days ago when I smelled reefer. With my luck just like this minor accident occurring hours after my visit with HR I'm sure the reefer that I smelled has probably infected my urine too. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...as-not-ticketed-florida.366571/#ixzz3nNNh127t

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...as-not-ticketed-florida.366571/#ixzz3nNNh127t
image.jpg

UPSGUY72

Yes keep your mouth shut. If it never shows up on Record that don't worry about it. But is the other person puts claim in with there insurance if most likely going to to show up up on your record. Your insurance company should send you a copy of your driving record for the past couple of years every year when you policy renews to show how many points you have and surcharges.

As far a the drugs thing they don't test for drugs just to see if you have uncontrolled diabetes. However if you have a CDL license they might. That being you should really watch out where you are walking LOL. Your and adult and the decision you make will effect you for the rest of your life. Hopefully you make the right ones. Bad decision will catch up to you sooner or later....