Does anybody here work in Idaho?

71blazer

I'm a PT employee who will be transferring to Idaho for educational purposes. I was curious though how the hub(s) are in the Boise area? As a back up plan to my schooling can anybody tell me about how long the wait is currently to go FT driving? Can any local Idaho people comment on how they feel about Boise as a place to live? Thanks!!

U

uber

I have a feeling this one's going to get crickets. I'm unsure that people in Idaho have computers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I lived in Idaho Falls, Idaho for 7 1/2 years. It was like frostbite falls!! Boise is like the banana belt of the state.....much milder than the -30 degrees we experienced in the winter.

I can only comment on living in Idaho......it's a great place to raise kids. It always felt like being there, we were 25 yeard behind. Simpler life, good people. And just a short drive to Jackpot Nevada for a gaming getaway.

Potatoes come real real cheap in Idaho. Also if you have a snazzy belt buckle texas tie and a unibrow you stand a great chance of hooking up with a lot of the local ladies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Potatoes come real real cheap in Idaho. Also if you have a snazzy belt buckle texas tie and a unibrow you stand a great chance of hooking up with a lot of the local ladies.
When the spud trucks turn the corner, the potatoes fall in the road and you can scoop them up. The western wear is key and you must have boots. Everybody has cowboy/girl boots. I got my first pair there.......at Bish Jenkin's Place.

Indecisi0n

Idaho-Potato-Expo.jpg
Idaho-Potato-Expo.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
I could live on potatoes. Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy. I think I will have eyes on my eyes, eventually! Love me a potato!

klein

Für Meno :)
"Famous Potatoes" is their license plate slogan.

Mark Fuhrman moved to Sandpoint, Idaho after the OJ Simpson fiasco.
Sandpoint is basically the border town to BC, Canada. Take a trip up north come next summer ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Famous Potatoes" is their license plate slogan.

Mark Fuhrman moved to Sandpoint, Idaho after the OJ Simpson fiasco.
Sandpoint is basically the border town to BC, Canada. Take a trip up north come next summer ! :)

That area of Idaho is where all the Aryan Nations groups are centered....near Coeur D'Alene.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I feel compelled to put to rest some of the preconceived notions about Idaho that I have read.

We actually do have computers here in Idaho. I just purchased the latest model available here in Idaho. It has the new fangled 64 bit technology. I think this Radio shack TRS-80 is going to work out just fine. I am so excited to try out this here intra-net and see the rest of ya'll are doin'. There has been some mighty changes in the world. Jimmy Carter was still president? ......peanut farmer anyway. Who ever heard of growing something under ground you could eat.

Which reminds me.....I need to polish up my belt buckle so mama can use it to put the turkey on this Thanksgiving.

klein

Für Meno :)
That area of Idaho is where all the Aryan Nations groups are centered....near Coeur D'Alene.

Coeur D'Alene is a beautiful little city, been there a few times, but now that's over 15-20 years ago, already.
That's just south of Sandpoint. Again near the Canadian border.
And further southeast is Spokane. I get a few TV channels on cable from Spokane.

Actually, while I was still living in Calgary, the Spokane news channel broadcasted out of Calgary for an entire week.
Just to show the big city north of them and how we live/are as their neighbors to the north.

T-Bone

Fine by me if Idaho has an odd/backward/behind-the-times stigma attached to it. Keeps people away. We don't want to end up like Michigan, or New Jersey, or California, etc...