Does anybody lease vehicles?

yonnko

I leased a truck for the first time two years ago. The lease end is coming up. I have used half of the miles that I was allotted. I do not want to buy the truck I would like to turn it in for another one. I read where the truck may be worth more than the buyout and that this could possibly benefit me. Any thoughts ?????

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I leased a truck for the first time two years ago. The lease end is coming up. I have used half of the miles that I was allotted. I do not want to buy the truck I would like to turn it in for another one. I read where the truck may be worth more than the buyout and that this could possibly benefit me. Any thoughts ?????
We had a member here who leased vehicles but I think he has since moved on, or at least most hope he has.

StoptheAct1212

Depending on your lease deal...
Many factors.
2 years in... if u are going with the same company. They may flip it out now for you.....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If my girlfriend has high mileage on her can I still trade her in for a newer lower mileage one?

You'll take a hit on depreciation for the old model.

But.... there is nothing like driving a new one.

Just be careful of any hidden costs, or long term service agreements.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When your lease is up.....usually so is your maintenance coverage.....expensive stuff when you have to pay for it yourself. Leased 5 Mercedes over a period of years....always turned them in when lease was up.
The lease made it so we could get a "better" car....one which we couldn't afford to buy outright.

Retiree

Take it to Carmax and see what they will give you for it. If they will give you more than what it will cost you to buy it, sell it to Carmax. They will pay off the the purchase price and cut you a check for the difference. I did this with a Lexus SUV about 7 years ago and pocketed $4500.

raceanoncr

Leased a couple, years ago. A Z-71 Chev Pickup. An S-10 X-Treme. Was single, hardly drove, it worked for me.

When I drove in to re-up, I had such few miles and was so clean, they just about gave me everything I wanted in the re-up.

It doesn't work for everybody, I know that. Last time, I didn't like what they were making so I just bought what I had. Again, I could just about write my own ticket, because they wanted my truck and if I leased again, they knew they'd have a good trade-in. Have had it ever since.

2001 S-10 X-Treme with about 80,000 right now.
chebbie.jpg

rickyb

theres a repo place by my house i would think it makes more sense to buy cars that people dont want to sell, than to buy cars that they do....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You have to read the terms of your lease. Some dont let you sell the car anymore. There also could be extra fees.