Does anyone else think being understaffed is a safety issue?

possibleparrot381

Believe it or not Monday is not usually that bad. Today however was a :censored2: joke. We have two guys at the very end with six trucks so they're getting a lot of stuff and of course the belt jams up and boxes all over the floor and then a supervisor has the nerve to get on to me for helping them out. Like I'm sorry am I not supposed to fix the tripping hazard lmao the supervisors are completely useless I don't know why we keep them around when they will not touch a box on days like this. And then they also wonder why we just say :censored2: it and throw it all in the truck

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Believe it or not Monday is not usually that bad. Today however was a * joke. We have two guys at the very end with six trucks so they're getting a lot of stuff and of course the belt jams up and boxes all over the floor and then a supervisor has the nerve to get on to me for helping them out. Like I'm sorry am I not supposed to fix the tripping hazard lmao the supervisors are completely useless I don't know why we keep them around when they will not touch a box on days like this. And then they also wonder why we just say * it and throw it all in the truck
Your doing it wrong, you leave it until the end of the day then get extra time

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Believe it or not Monday is not usually that bad. Today however was a * joke. We have two guys at the very end with six trucks so they're getting a lot of stuff and of course the belt jams up and boxes all over the floor and then a supervisor has the nerve to get on to me for helping them out. Like I'm sorry am I not supposed to fix the tripping hazard lmao the supervisors are completely useless I don't know why we keep them around when they will not touch a box on days like this. And then they also wonder why we just say * it and throw it all in the truck
FYI supervisors should never touch a box no matter what kind of day it is

takesteady

I hear where you are coming from OP and I can relate, but the thing is, I stopped caring a long time ago about whether things get messed up. As long as i’m working safely and to the best of my ability, I know I’m alright. If there is an egress issue, I will stop the belt and fix it. I just enjoy the OT at the 5 hour mark.

If a supervisor gives me grief about it, I tell them as much. A sup’s belly aching literally just goes in one ear and out the other. I don’t care at all because I know I am doing the job right. If they persist, I’ll file a harassment grievance. It hardly ever gets to that point though. It takes a change of mindset and attitude.

KOG72

I’m full of it
gosh darn just wait till the drivers get there,they will load it.That’s the way it goes where I am at,stupid ass pre load sups send there loaders home with piles of boxes still behind the truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
We would just let things get crunched up at the end of the belt until it would eventually start falling off. Sooner or later management would kill the belt until everyone got caught up. Sometimes they even slowed the belt down a notch or two after that happened a couple of times. ------making sure to speed it up at the end for the next days sort.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
We would just let things get crunched up at the end of the belt until it would eventually start falling off. Sooner or later management would kill the belt until everyone got caught up. Sometimes they even slowed the belt down a notch or two after that happened a couple of times. ------making sure to speed it up at the end for the next days sort.

Some days half the boxes in my truck look like accordions for this very reason.