Does anyone know when they start hiring for full time delivery drivers?

I want to know when does UPS start hiring for full time package delivery drivers? I'm curious because I would really love to start as soon as possible. Any info would be helpful.:happy-very:

drewed

Shankman
For peak? Umm sometime in the next month or so

For career? Unless your in Canada or a superstar like BBAG dont expect to be driving for quite awhile, you have to start pt ph and move up to a driver spot. Anywhere from 2-10 years

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I want to know when does UPS start hiring for full time package delivery drivers? I'm curious because I would really love to start as soon as possible. Any info would be helpful.:happy-very:

UPS does not hire directly in to FT package car driving. The normal route is to start on the inside and then progress through a seniority system to PT driving and then eventually in to FT driving. Vacancies occur on an irregular basis, usually through retirement, terminations and resignations, and new volume/growth, but are quickly fillled from the inside. UPS is contractually obligated to promote using a ratio of inside hires to outside hires. This ratio may vary from region to region but in my region it is 6 to 1, meaning they promote 6 inside hires before they promote an outside hire. I was an outside hire but back then the ratio was only 3 to 1. As stated above, vacancies occur on a irregular basis so there is no set time frame for promotions.

If you are truly patient you can have my job in 11 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For peak? Umm sometime in the next month or so

For career? Unless your in Canada or a superstar like BBAG dont expect to be driving for quite awhile, you have to start pt ph and move up to a driver spot. Anywhere from 2-10 years

Drewed, be nice--BBAG bashing is no longer in vogue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry I was replying to MR_Vengeance. "all depended on where you are and your local hub.".

He was basically repeating part of what I had posted. Turnover and hire rates vary from region to region, from hub to hub and even center to center.

None of that really matters as the best way to get to your goal of driving is to start on the inside.

Is it possible for someone who is a full time driver to recommend me to his superior for possible full time employment? If I were to call my friend and tell him I would like to start working with UPS and he says ok. Can he just get me in, or does he have no power over the situation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it possible for someone who is a full time driver to recommend me to his superior for possible full time employment? If I were to call my friend and tell him I would like to start working with UPS and he says ok. Can he just get me in, or does he have no power over the situation?

UPS uses seniority in promotions. He can probably help you get hired to an inside position. I have actually helped 3 of my Peak helpers get jobs w/UPS after Peak but they all started on the inside.

My friend was actually hired like that. His long time friend got him a job as a full time driver. In 2 weeks he was already working full time. Did he just get lucky?

probellringer

im in 5 boroughs...worked a peak...let go after friend-mas ..called center manager,hr,...got run around...then finally got into a class in feb-made book in 31 days....so it can be done...make sure you want to do this--it aint easy--did 6 yrs with a competitor so i had advantage....but its real funny seeing a rookies face during his 1st peak--7pm and u still got 3 shelves full.....love that look on their faces....so anyway...try a peak as a helper-make sure u really want to do this....not for everyone....

atatbl

I've been a part time preloader and exception air driver for five years... my full time driving class starts at the end of this month. :)

Congrats. Don't screw the pooch on this one. :happy-very: j/k, I'm sure you will do fine. You have experience with the methods and the DIAD. You will actually have it easier than most do.