Does anyone know?

nocturnalbuck

1. what is the route time formula? What are the factors involved? I know the obvious ones. but how are they weighted?

2. does anyone know or get access to a link containing a map with all our centers acrosse the country?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1. what is the route time formula? What are the factors involved? I know the obvious ones. but how are they weighted?

I think it would be easier to find out the formula for Coca-Cola than it would be to find out the route formula.

2. does anyone know or get access to a link containing a map with all our centers acrosse the country?

Wikipedia has a list of all of the centers in the US but I do not know if a map exists that will show this.

rorojo

UPS won't share how the formula works. That is why the Teamsters do not recognize over allowed and does not like the bonus system.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

There is a room with 274 monkeys in it. Each monkey has 7 pairs of dice, a thermometer, an abacus, and a plastic bag full of its own feces to throw. The output of these monkeys is combined with an algorythm derived from the square root of the thickness of Scott Davis's toenail clippings. The rest of the formula is confidential and if I told you I would have to kill you.

Big Babooba

There is a room with 274 monkeys in it. Each monkey has 7 pairs of dice, a thermometer, an abacus, and a plastic bag full of its own feces to throw. The output of these monkeys is combined with an algorythm derived from the square root of the thickness of Scott Davis's toenail clippings. The rest of the formula is confidential and if I told you I would have to kill you.
May I ask, pray tell, how does the thermometer come into play?

I think it would be easier to find out the formula for Coca-Cola than it would be to find out the route formula.

Wikipedia has a list of all of the centers in the US but I do not know if a map exists that will show this.
If ya have the address, Google Earth will even show ya picture of the center.

rod

Retired 22 years
They use a sliding scale type of formula------the faster you go- the more you get. There is no accual "top" of the scale. If you are within reaching distance of it- they move it.

UPSGUY72

I think it has something to do with the # of stops, packages, distance and the fact that UPS functions within it's own time-space continuum.

No, but you can go to UPS.com and find the addresses to them and then input them into google earth.

I think they got there formula from Santa Claus so it is top secret

No such person

Southern Ct.
They put a 23 year old who skips lunch and doesn't wear his seat belt on the route for a week, then add ten stops to his numbers, and that's the baseline.