Does anyone like their PT supervisor

racerchaser

They seem to take a lot of heat. I work the sort and anytime the guy try's to help out everyone gives him ***** for touching the box's. He's just helping out for 5 or 10 minutes to cover a responder (leaker) or if someone gets double unloaders

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Lots of us "like" our sups its just like ne other dysfunctional family, all hugs when things r on the up n up n as soon a downturn comes rev that bus up!

BrownEvo

My PD had the greatest one didn't get mad and was laid back but when they would put you to another PD no THANK YOU lol. This is outbound by the way

kelsokid18

UPGF Grunt
Re: Does anyone like there PT supervisor

They seem to take a lot of heat. I work the sort and anytime the guy try's to help out everyone gives him ***** for touching the box's. He's just helping out for 5 or 10 minutes to cover a responder (leaker) or if someone gets double unloaders

He's a non-union guy doing union's work. I write down each and every time that my supervisor touches a package (even on the freight side), and if the time comes, I'll give that info to my steward.

knightablaze

I've seen a pretty steady march of incompetence at my center. There is one of our supes who seems to have retained some shred of dignity, however. I wouldn't say I like him, but I've hung out with him and it wasn't bad.

brett636

I don't dislike most part-time supervisors. Only the ones who think and act as if they are in a position of authority do I have a problem with. Most of the ones that work tell me they really have no interest in working, and in fact seemed relieved when I ask them not to perform union work. Its usually their direct supervisors who pressure them to get into a situation where they have no choice but to do union work. In my area they have nights where they try to pack the unload with more unloaders than sorters even if it means sending qualified sorters to the unload. Then the part-time sup has to jump in and do something or his/her area goes to crap, and they get yelled at for it.

To some extent I admire some part time supervisors because I truly believe they put up with more **** than anyone else in the building.

TheDick

lately the PT SUPS are just glorified loaders. They just cant seem to stay away from a pkg. And boy do they pay.

Ramned

I just got a new supervisor. He's 10x better than my old one, who I liked as a person but hated as a supervisor. He just became a supervisor...very laid back. He goes out of his way to help me...tells me what's going on, asks for advice, breaks jams every now and then and helps wrap up..probably not supposed to do that though. Real good guy.

robot

Has A Large Member
I just got a new supervisor. He's 10x better than my old one, who I liked as a person but hated as a supervisor. He just became a supervisor...very laid back. He goes out of his way to help me...tells me what's going on, asks for advice, breaks jams every now and then and helps wrap up..probably not supposed to do that though. Real good guy.

Nice guy huh? I give it a month before he turns into a grade-A ****** or quits.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSSOCKS

Where I work we let the supervisors work all the time. What's the big deal it helps us get done faster. Some of the guys in my area get mad because they only get 3.5 hours but it's a part time job you can't make a living off of it anyhow.

Osprey413

Bull**** Coordinator
Where I work we let the supervisors work all the time. What's the big deal it helps us get done faster. Some of the guys in my area get mad because they only get 3.5 hours but it's a part time job you can't make a living off of it anyhow.

Prepare to get flamed by every union employee on this board.

jaded1

counting the days til 80

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Internet troll)
Jump to: navigation, search

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

blue efficacy

Remember that every 5 minutes a supervisor works is 5 minutes out of an employee's check.

Adds up fast!

It's "nice" in the short run to have a manager help you out, but in the long run it means they will simply run with fewer employees.

cino321

Oh Boy.

If the supervisors wouldn't work, and the part timers actually cared, they would make 4 hours instead of 3.5. We're talking pennies, but it's about the principle of the situation.

Anyway, the part time supervisor position is really a joke at UPS. They don't really have any authority, yet have to take the most flack from the hourlies. At the same time, they get held responsible for anything going wrong, even when upper management doesn't give the adequate staffing or the tools to do the job. They are pretty much a scapegoat.