Does anyone think...

browndevil

.......that the ERI is pricey and useless since the Browncafe has been around 10 years? BC has nearly 25,000 registered users and read by thousands of more guests on a daily basis. When I have gone to the BC fans on facebook I recognize a lot of people both mgmt and houlies. So it makes me wonder if corporate isn't getting the pulse and they feel of the day to day atomosphere in our buildings without the expense of the ERI

D

Dis-organized Labor

.......that the ERI is pricey and useless since the Browncafe has been around 10 years? BC has nearly 25,000 registered users and read by thousands of more guests on a daily basis. When I have gone to the BC fans on facebook I recognize a lot of people both mgmt and houlies. So it makes me wonder if corporate isn't getting the pulse and they feel of the day to day atomosphere in our buildings without the expense of the ERI

You make a good point. The ERI is pricey and most people that I know give good marks, so they won't have to endure "Focus Meetings" to improve the numbers.
BC may not be a great indicator because about 90% of my posts and replies are an attempt at humor. Not my true feelings.
One thing I can say though, is that there are some pretty clever & witty people posting on here.

helenofcalifornia

But wouldn't we all agree that the people that post here are not the normal people of UPS? I think the poster here are a step (or two) above the regulars at UPS. Most UPSers could care less about what happens to others in other centers or hubs. I think the posters here are for the most part better informed and more curious than the regs. Possibly, the movers and shakers at UPS, the ones who are always piping up at those stupid PCM's, the ones who are telling the rest of the UPSers what is coming down in other centers and hubs.

Or, we are all idiots at UPS and it's just us BCers that can use the computer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
.......that the ERI is pricey and useless since the Browncafe has been around 10 years? BC has nearly 25,000 registered users and read by thousands of more guests on a daily basis. When I have gone to the BC fans on facebook I recognize a lot of people both mgmt and houlies. So it makes me wonder if corporate isn't getting the pulse and they feel of the day to day atmosphere in our buildings without the expense of the ERI

Everything at UPS must be measured. Even if nothing is going to be done, even if we don't plan to do anything, we must be able to quantify it.
It is one of the most exasperating aspects of being in Management at UPS.
We measure stuff that is unrelated to doing an effective and efficient job because it can be measured because the things that are really important can't be quantified.

We measure all kind of stuff that you would never do if you ran your own business. And in this time of "doing more with less" all the wasted time coming up with numbers decreases the quality of our ability to do our job.

Okay, enough of management ranting.

Cezanne

But wouldn't we all agree that the people that post here are not the normal people of UPS? I think the poster here are a step (or two) above the regulars at UPS. Most UPSers could care less about what happens to others in other centers or hubs. I think the posters here are for the most part better informed and more curious than the regs. Possibly, the movers and shakers at UPS, the ones who are always piping up at those stupid PCM's, the ones who are telling the rest of the UPSers what is coming down in other centers and hubs.

I vote for the latter
..:happy2:

D

Dis-organized Labor

I have an IQ of 988 and I am at the low scale of the UPS management requirements.

To become and maintain a position within UPS as a Manager, one must submit their dissertation and have at least 9 Polititions ( of upstanding and irrepurable) reputatiion, swear that they will mentor and otherwise oversee the UPS manager to ensure they always do the right thing by their people!!!