Does being on disability affect me becoming a driver?

Been on preload for about a year , going on shirt term disability, just wondering would that affect me becoming a driver later on .

I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me

Last edited by a moderator:

km3

Going on disability for having pain in my neck, doctor told me no heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks .... that wouldn't affect me when I apply for the driving gig would it???

Not if you can return to your normal duties before then. Things may be different where you are, but in my building, you don't get a call concerning PT or FT driving positions if you're currently out with an injury, on TAW, or on disability.

Not if you can return to your normal duties before then. Things may be different where you are, but in my building, you don't get a call concerning PT or FT driving positions if you're currently out with an injury, on TAW, or on disability.
I put my name on the bid sheet, got 2 people ahead of me, I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me (I hope not )

PT Car Washer

Going on disability for having pain in my neck, doctor told me no heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks .... that wouldn't affect me when I apply for the driving gig would it???
Not if you are released to perform any job in the building. I have seen drivers on disability not allowed to bid a different route because they were out on disability.

km3

I put my name on the bid sheet, got 2 people ahead of me, I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me (I hope not )

In the future? No. But if you get the call before you're back at work on full duty, you'll miss your shot this time.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you have an annual intent sheet that you signed and you get called while you are on disability, your name may be removed for the rest of the year. If your name comes up while you are out, you should call HR as soon as you are cleared to full duty so you can be put on the list again.

Gotout

Absolutely not. Get back to full duty and bit. In most places HR manages the bids. There won't be any type of "disability retaliation"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Been on preload for about a year , going on shirt term disability, just wondering would that affect me becoming a driver later on .

I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me
Wasn't Hulk Hogan on Shirt Term too?