Does Delivery drivers and feeder drivers get paid overtime-time and a half?

By The Book

Also if you have worked 40 hours before Friday, it's OT all day Friday. (The west). Sorry @Cementups, I guess you have to work over 8 hours before you get overtime on Friday even though you may have 40 hours in before Friday. In the west holiday work is time and a half in addition to the holiday pay.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Also if you have worked 40 hours before Friday, it's OT all day Friday. (The west). Sorry @Cementups, I guess you have to work over 8 hours before you get overtime on Friday even though you may have 40 hours in before Friday. In the west holiday work is time and a half in addition to the holiday pay.

but no 2.5x like dumbbeech is claiming.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
but no 2.5x like dumbbeech is claiming.

Actually it does work out to be 2.5 times for us out west. We get overtime rates for working on a holiday, plus the holiday pay which works out to be 2.5x normal pay. And actually, the 2.5 rate ends once we go over 8 hours since the holiday pay is only for 8 hours. Anything more than 8 hours would just be overtime, not 2.5.

And @By The Book , I'm out west and I don't get overtime after 40 hours worked. We get overtime after 8 hours everyday. Like say I work 12 hours everyday Monday thru Thursday. On Friday before the shift I'd have 32 straight time hours and 16 overtime hours. Are you saying that you would have 28 straight time hours and 20 overtime hours?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Also if you have worked 40 hours before Friday, it's OT all day Friday. (The west). Sorry @Cementups, I guess you have to work over 8 hours before you get overtime on Friday even though you may have 40 hours in before Friday.
So in that scenario, your check has 32 straight hours and the rest is overtime? I find that hard to believe.

Last edited:

Drake L.

How much can drivers make a year at ups, I've looked on glass door.com and I seen delivery drivers can make $100'000 a year and feeder drivers can make $110'000+ a year. Is this true???

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
How much can drivers make a year at ups, I've looked on glass door.com and I seen delivery drivers can make $100'000 a year and feeder drivers can make $110'000+ a year. Is this true???

Both positions can make more. Feeder makes the most. Package can make over 100K. I'm on pace for 110K myself this year.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Actually it does work out to be 2.5 times for us out west. We get overtime rates for working on a holiday, plus the holiday pay which works out to be 2.5x normal pay. And actually, the 2.5 rate ends once we go over 8 hours since the holiday pay is only for 8 hours. Anything more than 8 hours would just be overtime, not 2.5.

And @By The Book , I'm out west and I don't get overtime after 40 hours worked. We get overtime after 8 hours everyday. Like say I work 12 hours everyday Monday thru Thursday. On Friday before the shift I'd have 32 straight time hours and 16 overtime hours. Are you saying that you would have 28 straight time hours and 20 overtime hours?
It all works out to be the same...if u work 12 hrs Monday through Thursday then obviously Friday will be all overtime because u are at 40 hrs...look at it how u want but it's the same....

Drake L.

Both positions can make more. Feeder makes the most. Package can make over 100K. I'm on pace for 110K myself this year.
But your rolling in the duh. Is feeder easier in your opinion? I'm a trucker with averitt. Do you think seasonal feeder would be a good idea or seasonal package delivery to get my foot in the door???

NonDeliverOtherMissed

5 10 hr shifts equal 10 hours overtime...either 10 hours past 40 hrs..or 2 hrs each day....either way it's 10 hrs OT... If u only work 4 10 hr days then yes u get 36 hrs straight time...4 hrs OT

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It all works out to be the same...if u work 12 hrs Monday through Thursday then obviously Friday will be all overtime because u are at 40 hrs...look at it how u want but it's the same....

Um.....no it's not the same. Like I said, if I work 48 hours between Monday and Thursday, I will have 32 straight time hours and 16 overtime hours. On Friday, I'd still be paid straight time for my first 8 hours of work. You don't get overtime after just 40 hours worked in a week, you get it after 8 hours every day.

Usually the way it works is you get overtime EITHER after 40 hours in a week, or after 8 hours each day. It's usually either one or the other. But from the way By the book is describing it, it seems he gets overtime after both situations which is hard to believe. If it is true, that's the best deal ever.