Does everyone work tomorrow (Dec 26)

lovemyupser

Quick question, does all the UPS drivers work tomorrow. If I remember right, last year they didn't work on Dec 26th. I don't know if that had to do with Christmas being on a Sunday last year. The husbands center told the guys to come in like a regular work day and they would see from there how many drivers they need. My husband said if he is driving the 30 minutes to work then they better have a route from him.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quick question, does all the UPS drivers work tomorrow. If I remember right, last year they didn't work on Dec 26th. I don't know if that had to do with Christmas being on a Sunday last year. The husbands center told the guys to come in like a regular work day and they would see from there how many drivers they need. My husband said if he is driving the 30 minutes to work then they better have a route from him.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Any holiday on a Sunday is taken on a Monday.
Any holiday on a Saturday is paid and no days off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am surprised your husband's center did not have a sign up sheet for volunteers or simply forced from the bottom up to meet their staffing needs.

I am off tomorrow as we only have 12 routes in.

laffter

Here, full preload is working tomorrow. Drivers have a start time of 9am rather than 830. I'm not sure what the start time means, but it seems like it will be a regular work day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why in the world would you run a full preload? There were no pickups yesterday so all we will be delivering will be the send agains from Monday and whatever air comes in.

U

uber

I have to work tomorrow. My question is do we have to work NYE and New Years day?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanksgiving this year we didn't have any force workers. I'll be working as a volunteer New Years Eve as this is a holiday paying double time plus 8.00 hrs. Tomorrow will be screwed as those working will be out well past 10hrs while others go home. Peak is far from over ladies and gentlemen.

bluehdmc

Have a 3:45am start in Feeders tomorrow. Probably won't do the the schedule run though, anything for the destination probably got put on a train. We'll probably take empty containers to the railyard. 8 and skate.

Macbrother

They came around with a sign up sheet for who wanted to work Monday. We normally run 54 routes I heard we'll only have 20 in tomorrow. Our start time was also pushed back to 5am instead of 4:30.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You said BOG. lol!

It seems from what I have heard of Upstate's center (not just from Upstate), it is a well run center with an overall good and experienced group of employees.
I hope Upstate understands how his center is not the norm!

Last edited: