Does Express still give Randoms?

solique

Does Express division still give randoms? Remember getting a bunch back in the day upon returning from vacation - haven't gotten one in 8 years/haven't heard of anyone getting random drug tests??

solique

Just want some honest answers thanks. Not misinformation, not two-word ironic funny joke replies intended to lighten the load when you don't know :censored2:. Thanks!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Does Express division still give randoms? Remember getting a bunch back in the day upon returning from vacation - haven't gotten one in 8 years/haven't heard of anyone getting random drug tests??
I retired in September but I hadn’t heard of anyone getting a random test in many years except maybe after an accident.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Swings apparently do, a couple months ago i had one for the first time since I started 7 years ago
Swings have to pass an FBI background check because they transport placardable quantities of dangerous goods, where couriers don’t.

That’s why they piss, and couriers don’t.

MAKAVELI

Swings have to pass an FBI background check because they transport placardable quantities of dangerous goods, where couriers don’t.

That’s why they piss, and couriers don’t.
Wrong. All drivers have to pass a background check. Not all swings have a Haz endorsement. It may have been a policy long ago to random swings but not now. Having a CDL might be the trigger for randoms.

El Morado Diablo

CDL/Has holders are subject to randoms.

FedEx has been cutting back on the number of CDL/Haz couriers for years. My station was down to one CDL/Haz courier for the last 5 years or so. He was the only person in the station to get random drug tests during that time. Management dropped his requirement to be CDL/Haz earlier this year because he only had to placard for DG once in the last few years.

zeev

RTDs have random but there is nothing random about them, sometimes getting a new manager or it used to be coming back after time off.

chris45

Wrong. All drivers have to pass a background check. Not all swings have a Haz endorsement. It may have been a policy long ago to random swings but not now. Having a CDL might be the trigger for randoms.
Yeah Ive never had a CDL just a regular license, I always weaseled my out of it when they told me I needed to get it lol

Fergus Mahoney

Haven't heard of any random in years. But I'm sure they still are able to do them. Only heard of drug screens for new hires and right after accidents. Employee I know from my old station got in an accident was told to get screened that day. He went home to drink a detox and took the test 24 hours later. They fired him but he GFT'd it and got his job back. Pretty hard to get fired these days. I also know before I left my last station they had a girl that would come in stinking of weed and management knew about it but turned a blind eye. Probably why that stations a :censored2:show.

MassWineGuy

May not be accurate, but I thought only DOT drivers were subject to random tests. Also, two managers must sign off on a drug test, according to a manager I know.

Maui

CDL/Has holders are subject to randoms.

FedEx has been cutting back on the number of CDL/Haz couriers for years. My station was down to one CDL/Haz courier for the last 5 years or so. He was the only person in the station to get random drug tests during that time. Management dropped his requirement to be CDL/Haz earlier this year because he only had to placard for DG once in the last few years.
This is correct. Only CDL are subject to random and FAA positions at the ramp/hub. For 95%+ there are no randoms, but anyone can be tested with reasonable suspicion and certain types of accidents require testing by law.