Does felony = discharge @ ups

ray haynes

I have never had a felony but just wondering if you do have a felony record and ups mgmt catches wind of it, is it enough to fire you for if you have done nothing wrong on ups time. A supervisor lied about me in a letter to another supervisor that i was a felon. I was fired the next day coincidance ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you lied on your application and get caught in that lie they very well can (and should) terminate you; however, if you have done nothing wrong and were fired based upon false accusations, you should file a grievance for unjust termination, seeking not only your job back but back pay as well. Good luck.

ray haynes

Thanks upstate, My local union is working my case and i'm optimistic I will be reinstated with back pay, And hopefully the supe will be dis-missed.

CFLBrown

So they just fire people because someone said you were a felon? Without doing a background check to confirm, that just seems very suspect and easy to fire anyone.

thessalonian13

I have never had a felony but just wondering if you do have a felony record and ups mgmt catches wind of it, is it enough to fire you for if you have done nothing wrong on ups time. A supervisor lied about me in a letter to another supervisor that i was a felon. I was fired the next day coincidance ?
If what you are saying is true, THAT YOU NEVER HAD A FELONY RECORD, and you got fired because a supervisor said you did, I would contact a lawyer ASAP and sue that supervisor for liable/slander. Maybe the company too. Back pay would not be enough for me. You slander my name and reputation like that and you will pay for it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Weren't you fired a while back for stalking? is this the same incident or something new?

ray haynes

If what you are saying is true, THAT YOU NEVER HAD A FELONY RECORD, and you got fired because a supervisor said you did, I would contact a lawyer ASAP and sue that supervisor for liable/slander. Maybe the company too. Back pay would not be enough for me. You slander my name and reputation like that and you will pay for it.
I cant prove i was fired because the supe said i was a felon, i'm sure it played a part.

ray haynes

Weren't you fired a while back for stalking? is this the same incident or something new?
Good memory jones, I was fired for harassment & Stalking and i went to court and those 2 charges were dropped by the prosecution, Because the supe had credibility issues, and the supe wrote a letter to a mgr telling him i was a felon, More lies. this same mgr. fired me. Coincidance ??

tardus

Good memory jones, I was fired for harassment & Stalking and i went to court and those 2 charges were dropped by the prosecution, Because the supe had credibility issues, and the supe wrote a letter to a mgr telling him i was a felon, More lies. this same mgr. fired me. Coincidance ??

You are innocent until proven guilty. My advice is to try to get a written copy of the letter that stated you were a felon. You might have to get a lawyer to subpoena the memo.

ray haynes

I was just wondering to those who get-off nailing my balls to the wall will i get an apology once i cash my grievance check for time fired ?