Does felony = discharge @ ups

ray haynes

You are innocent until proven guilty. My advice is to try to get a written copy of the letter that stated you were a felon. You might have to get a lawyer to subpoena the memo.

I have the letter, I just cant prove that the letter got me fired, On my termination letter it does not state i was fired for being a felon, I'm sure it contributed though.

I have the letter, I just cant prove that the letter got me fired, On my termination letter it does not state i was fired for being a felon, I'm sure it contributed though.
You know what? This probably isn't the best place to post about your situation. It is monitored by ups and for some reason I bet they can figure out who you are.

ray haynes

just so all you know sometimes the truth is not always your ally, even the truth can be spun-out and twisted by a creative lawyer to work against you. And a lie can work the same way, your best bet is just be smart. Easier said then done.

just so all you know sometimes the truth is not always your ally, even the truth can be spun-out and twisted by a creative lawyer to work against you. And a lie can work the same way, your best bet is just be smart. Easier said then done.
Alright Socrates we will all keep this in mind.

tardus

If you have that in writing, I would definitely consult with a lawyer! (Be sure to file a grievance to get your job back in the meantime.)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

And it's a an even better bet to not get caught (allegedly) stalking someone while on duty. I suggest you do some soul searching.

ray haynes

If you have that in writing, I would definitely consult with a lawyer! (Be sure to file a grievance to get your job back in the meantime.)

i was reinstated at another ups ctr 140 miles away. before i was acquitted so i could keep working now i'm trying to get back to the ctr i was at for 22 years with my seniority. plus back pay & a civil suit in the works.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
hey pepee is that why your not in trouble yet ??

When I pick a fight with UPS, it's either one I know I can win or because one of my union brothers (or sisters - and I don't peek in their windows) are getting the shaft. Just because a jury of your peers didn't convict you based on reasonable doubt doesn't mean you didn't **** up. In all honesty, I wish you the best and hope everything works out for you. In fact, I'll even toss you some free advice: If you have a civil suit in the works, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving a team of corporate lawyers ammo from a bulletin board by posting with your real name.

ray haynes

When I pick a fight with UPS, it's either one I know I can win or because one of my union brothers (or sisters - and I don't peek in their windows) are getting the shaft. Just because a jury of your peers didn't convict you based on reasonable doubt doesn't mean you didn't **** up. In all honesty, I wish you the best and hope everything works out for you. In fact, I'll even toss you some free advice: If you have a civil suit in the works, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving a team of corporate lawyers ammo from a bulletin board by posting with your real name.

pieder, if u think you know my case better then a prosecutor that couldn't make the charges stick. I have some land i'd like to sell you & don't worry house not included. L.O.L

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
He's right though haynes, it can't be making your lawyers life easier broadcasting something without him knowing and approving it.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Dammit how did I miss this thread?! This is a fun one!

Basically, 407 nailed it. It doesn't add up.....there's more to it. Untrustworthy, for sure.

Secondly, is this fighthegoodfight's On-car supervisor? Harassment and stalking....fits the bill, eh?

Third...you will get no apology. That's special that you are expecting one. And your supervisor in question will not be dismissed. Hope you aren't holding your breath here.

If you weren't fired for being a felon (according to the paperwork) what were you fired for? Not what you THINK it was....what was the reason they gave for your termination?

As far as that book you wanted about making friends. Chapter 1.....Don't Be A :censored2:bag.

Take notes.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Where has your BA and steward been this whole time? They most certainly have information on why you were fired and have already told you the reasoning UPS gave.

Mattups

I been working for ups in nj now 6 months as a package handler. I am now 25 turning 26, i was convicted of a felony for drugs when i was 22 and did 1 year in jail. I was living in ny at the time.i recently moved to nj because i got the job and needed the benefits for my family. Really my son who has medical issues. Now like i said i committed the felony 3 almost 4 years ago in ny now i live in nj. In my resume i put that i didnt have a felony bc its in nj state, and i was convicted in ny. I never been in trouble in new jersey. I am now in the union. I am soon taking the class to become a driver. My question is, if they find out about my felony in ny ( drug charges ) will i get fired 2, 3 or 5 years from now bc i lied on the application ? I really need this job for my family. Its my only hope in life. I was young is was a big mistkae i changed my life around. Please im afraid of loosing my job.