Does hub seniority count towards getting into feeders?

ThyDevourer

This is probably a dumb question, just curious if only package car seniority goes towards getting into feeders or if all accrued seniority like PT in the hub and such counts.

By The Book

This is probably a dumb question, just curious if only package car seniority goes towards getting into feeders or if all accrued seniority like PT in the hub and such counts.
It's offered to full time employees first, by seniority of course. Someone from this bid sheet will get the job. In my book there's no dumb question.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the bid is only open for FT employees, then only FT seniority counts for that bid. That goes for any bid, not just feeders.

By The Book

you are correct. I wasn't bashing the op or the question just commenting on your answer...
For as long as I can remember I've always asked a lot of questions. If you don't know, ask someone that does kind of mentality. I also know I like to know how things work, so I understand the process. For me if I'm asked the same question 20 times I have the ability to answer it like its the first time I've heard it, as long as it's not from the same person.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If the bid is only open for FT employees, then only FT seniority counts for that bid. That goes for any bid, not just feeders.

Even if a bid is "only open to FTers", if no full timer signs or accepts the bid it would go tot he next highest PTer who would have signed the bid. So, that being said.......SIGN ALL BIDS!!!

ThyDevourer

I appreciate the responses everyone. I have 3 years PT seniority and have been doing seasonal package car for about a month. So I'm assuming when/if I get my permanent driving spot my seniority will reset in regards to FT bids.

By The Book

I appreciate the responses everyone. I have 3 years PT seniority and have been doing seasonal package car for about a month. So I'm assuming when/if I get my permanent driving spot my seniority will reset in regards to FT bids.
You will go to the bottom of the full time seniority list, yes.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
there also may be a list for part time employees to move to feeders. it depends on your local. now is a good time to ask your BA or steward or look up the language in your contract book

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Even if a bid is "only open to FTers", if no full timer signs or accepts the bid it would go tot he next highest PTer who would have signed the bid. So, that being said.......SIGN ALL BIDS!!!
That's definitely not how they do it here, if they can't fill the position from FT they would hang a new bid sheet for PT they wouldn't just take a PT employee that signed a FT bid that would get a grievance for sure.
I do agree with you that you should sign all bids though, cuz ya never know...

trickpony1

Rod is right and if this is how you plan on responding to questions when you become an on car you are going to have a very long and difficult managerial career.

There is no accountability in management......none.

Management seems to have free rein with no consequences for actions they knew, or should have known, were illegal, immoral or unethical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no accountability in management......none.

Management seems to have free rein with no consequences for actions they knew, or should have known, were illegal, immoral or unethical.

Perhaps but if he expects to get any cooperation from his reports he will need to work on his people skills, as well as his writing, spelling, grammar and math.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's definitely not how they do it here, if they can't fill the position from FT they would hang a new bid sheet for PT they wouldn't just take a PT employee that signed a FT bid that would get a grievance for sure.
I do agree with you that you should sign all bids though, cuz ya never know...

Same here.

If no full time employee bids, it is then open to the whole building, all part timers, and then re-bid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Correct the question people ask aren't dumb the person asking it is. However not the case for this post...
image.jpeg