Does this change our lunch breaks?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Also, would we only need to take 30 mins? With the option to take a whole lunch. The 15 mins would help me a little. I wouldn't need to break for my last post office

A

anonymous6

our supplement is going to a full hr lunch. that puts my day at 14.5 hrs house door to house door.

stink219

I think there is an exception for vehicles delivering in a 150 mile radius of the terminal.
There are only 2 classes. All commercial vehicles (ups, feeder, owner operator) and commercial vehicles carrying passengers (busses, limo, ambulance).
You work 8, you need 30 min off.

over9five

Staff member
"The prohibition on driving after being on duty 60 hours in 7 consecutive days, or 70 hours in 8 consecutive days, remains the same, but drivers can “restart” the 7/8 day period anytime a driver has 34 consecutive hours off duty."

This is even wrong! Do NOT go by this website!

bbsam

Staff member
I actually agree with you. I have been asking around Ground to see if a break will need to be entered into the scanner or some other way documented but nobody seems to have heard anything. We were briefed on the 70 hour rule and that is it. But what is different about short haul that they would separate it out? The definition non-CDL and 150 mile radius does fit every one of my routes.

bbsam

Staff member
It is confusing. But the 150 mile radius is posted in many places. That was just the first one I copy,pasted.

bbsam

Staff member
Seems this site is monitored. Senior manager just called and safety department forwarded the info. According to FDX understanding, the 150 mile radius does in fact apply. On a side note, I would guess that right about now somebody is beginning a process to make certain that is the correct reading.

over9five

Staff member
Seems this site is monitored. Senior manager just called and safety department forwarded the I fo. According to FDX u derstandi.h, the 150 mile radius does I. Fact apply. On a side note, I would guess that right about now somebody is beginning a process to make certain that is the correct reading.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying Fedex says the 150 mile thing says no 30 minute break is required. See if you can get them to send you a link saying that from the FMCSA site.
​Would love to know for sure!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
e Audience: All Drivers

Visual: Hours of Service PowerPoint Presentation (available in Related Files)

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has revised its Hours of Service regulations. The following changes will take effect July 1, for anyone operating a commercial vehicle on behalf of UPS.

Key Messages

No driver can restart their seven-day period (168 hours) more than once per calendar week. The driver must have 34 consecutive hours off duty with at least two periods of off-duty time between 1-5 a.m., home-terminal time. All drivers must take a 30-minute break during their first eight hours on duty. Meal breaks or any other off-duty time of at least 30 consecutive minutes qualifies as a break. Time spent in parked vehicles, or waiting to load or unload, does not count as break time for any driver unless the driver is released from all responsibility for the vehicle and cargo during that time.

Conclusion It is important that we all adhere to these new rules. For those of you required to keep a log, continue to log your hours accurately and be sure to show your off-duty time. Please talk to me if you have any questions about these changes.

Published : May 22, 2013 05:00 PM Last Updated : May 22, 2013 06:24 PM
Ok guys I figured how to move it here. It says all drivers. No 150 mile radius