Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What you don't understand is UPS stock and the company is more profitable than Fedex...... In 2009 Net profit margin and operating profit margin blew away Fedex, UPS also did better with return on total assets, and killed Fedex on return on equity. Guess who has a better Basics Earnings Power... UPS.... If your in it for a short while Fedex is the way to go but UPS stock is something you retire very wealthy with.......
If you bought Fedex stock 10 years ago you would have doubled your money. UPS stock? Not so much:

z

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ahh..... I remember pre-EDD when you could have a good day. Now we are dispatched to the max every day. I don't think anyone in my center gets just 2 hours OT a week. Which was why I asked.....

We have been on EDD for quite some time. Our stops per car are up significantly but I still get done at about the same time every day (1815-1830) with a 9:15 start time (9:00 on Mondays, earlier if preload wrapped).

NHDRVR

Hospitals. My ex is an RN and I can recall many times when she would have to stay beyond her shift (mandated overtime) due to staffing shortages or other emergency conditions.

I still average only 2 hours OT each week.

I should have thought of that....

Do you only want 2 hours or is that due to dispatch? 2 hours a week would be fine for me...

NHDRVR

2 hours works out perfectly for me.

I am averaging about 48-50. And it's the same old story... If I could start early I wouldn't mind at all but the 8:20 start is a BS timeslot. The preload is wrapped and the air is there. Also, FedEx is beating most of us out to our routes. That never used to happen.

NHDRVR

I would love an 8:20 start.

Our belt used to start at 7:45 at one time. It was great. I was thinking how 7:00 would be perfect because it would allow us to miss the rush hour out of Nashua and most of us would be out on our runs by the times the busses started clogging things up. It gives us a bigger cushion for our NDA and it would save on EAM drivers since we would already be out there. We would be able to finish more of our route prior to p/u's and it would mean more space is available on car. It also means more flexibility in helping out other drivers.

But what do we know...we only do the routes....

mech1

Irregardless of where you work, there is no UPS operating location with working conditions that could even remotely compare to the living conditions of the people under the former Soviet regime. Or that could be compared to serving time in prison. I'll admit to a poor choice of words but I couldn't think of a nicer way to say it.

You're wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thessalonian13

i am averaging about 48-50. And it's the same old story... If i could start early i wouldn't mind at all but the 8:20 start is a bs timeslot. The preload is wrapped and the air is there. Also, fedex is beating most of us out to our routes. That never used to happen.
i would kill for an 820 am start or earlier

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, not only am I wrong, but I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before.

It feels weird to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Only thing is I'm not wrong. Our jobs in no way compare to life in Soviet Russia or life behind bars and only a fool would make that comparison.)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What you don't understand is UPS stock and the company is more profitable than Fedex...... In 2009 Net profit margin and operating profit margin blew away Fedex, UPS also did better with return on total assets, and killed Fedex on return on equity. Guess who has a better Basics Earnings Power... UPS.... If your in it for a short while Fedex is the way to go but UPS stock is something you retire very wealthy with.......

if you were part of the original ipo,, if not its stagnant

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Wow, not only am I wrong, but I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before.

It feels weird to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Only thing is I'm not wrong. Our jobs in no way compare to life in Soviet Russia or life behind bars and only a fool would make that comparison.)

Well....You're Least Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therealtruth

Seems so the building I am in is not the same as 15 years ago ...Morale is the worst Ive seen , they they ask for sales leads how about reduce my day so my family knows who I am?

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
8:20 start would be awesome. We have 8:55 right now and 3 days a week air seems to be late so we're on the belt till 9:10 getting our air. Luckily my area is 12:00 commit. But we do have areas now with no commit time now.