Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've never seen it this [-]bad[/-] good and I'm sure it will only get [-]worse[/-] better. I miss the ERI.At least we got treated halfway decent for 2 weeks before the survey.
Fixed it for ya. At this rate I'm gonna have to hire an assistant to help me count the money :devil3:

bucsfan1

Management with UPS is the most laughable part of the day. They could give 2 cents if you live or die. This company has turned their backs on the people who made it what it is today. They make me sick..

BrownArmy

I got sent out on the blind last week, thirty minutes after normal start time (someone in management forgot that this driver was on vacation?).

Any route that you know isn't that bad, but on the blind with a half-hour handicap and I was in the @#$%. Of course the route was about thirty stops over normal. AWESOME!

Even though it was a totally stressful day, I made all the reds and savers, hit all the pickups on time, but I ended up having several missed business stops.

Which earned me....a Warning Letter!

DOUBLE AWESOME!

Un-fracking believable.

So, at least in my center, hourly morale doesn't seem high on the list of priorities.

Come to think of it, not many in my management team seem like they're having a good time either...

I've been hearing for as long as I can remember that UPS is a great company but investment savvy people fear that the company will fall into the wrong hands. I think that nightmare has become a reality with this latest batch of executives. They have zero conscience and no morals -- this was proven this past winter when Atlanta refused to allow the northeast area to close its building for the day just to see how many drivers would show up and see if they can get some stops off. They have absolutely no conscience and everything this company has/is doing is nothing but 100% pure unadulterated greed. This current management regime of UPS is a dangerous one for the future of the company because they clearly do not care about the future of it -- they are looking for a quick fix to stuff their pockets and they have a lot of resentment and contempt for everyone beneath them. In all my years with this company...right now is the only time I've actually been worried about the future of UPS.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
If it didn't suck we wouldn't get paid to do it. If it was fun we could sell tickets. If it was pleasant we might at least get some volunteers from the old folks home. Every job I ever had sucked. At least this one pays pretty well.

helenofcalifornia

Bottom of the barrel here. No one cares. Not the drivers, not the PTer's, not the feeders, NO ONE! And UPS doesn't care as long as they are profitable for the shareholders.

UPSSOCKS

Another display of management's intelligence

Sorry Spelling Bee Champion of the Midwest.... For the record Greeter......... G-R-E-E-T-E-R...... Greeter.......

A transitive verb, def: to address with expression of kind wishes upon meeting or arrival...

I went to WalMart and a greeter met me as I was coming in..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I got sent out on the blind last week, thirty minutes after normal start time (someone in management forgot that this driver was on vacation?).

Any route that you know isn't that bad, but on the blind with a half-hour handicap and I was in the @#$%. Of course the route was about thirty stops over normal. AWESOME!

Even though it was a totally stressful day, I made all the reds and savers, hit all the pickups on time, but I ended up having several missed business stops.

DOUBLE AWESOME!

Un-fracking believable.

So, at least in my center, hourly morale doesn't seem high on the list of priorities.

Come to think of it, not many in my management team seem like they're having a good time either...

However your dispatch oms are great. I have to say they helped me out alot and didn't get too mad at me being a newbie :). It's a pressure cooker for sure, especially going out blind. I'd hate to think of the route you were on. lol

jimstud

Banned
the dispatch problems are everywhere . the problem is that the on car suits have nothing to do with dispatch thus you have a suit with no area knowledge sending drivers on wild goose chases. i watched 1 of my drivers go out with stops in 2 different towns that were 40 minutes apart. the next day they questioned that driver as to why he had 40 mins. with no work done.

kingOFchester

Several weeks ago, I was asked if I could run a trip blind....in another center...in an area I have never been to....

Met the on car sup....asked if he was going out with me that day. "no, I have other work to do......"

So I head out loaded with air's to the area. Could of been Guam for all I knew.

About 11:30 I am rolling through an industrial park with 15+ buildings...not in numerical order....buildings close togther..... with multipule businesses per building. Some businesses on the inside, some with entrenaces on the exterior of the buildings.

So, here I am creeping along with DIAD in hand trying to see if or where the packages go. As I saw a bldg # I would look at ED and so forth. I pull over, aqs I found a stop and start to load up the hand truck. Here comes the on-car sup shaking his head telling me he has to write me up for driving with DIAD in hand. I reply "so this is what you had to do today, find some crap to write me up on...when I am running in a center I don't work for and running a trip blind" He said "blah...blah....blah....it's for my safety....blah....blah....blah:
BTW...he was not in his browns or in a package car. So he was not there to ride with me ..
Never got the warning letter but pissed me off.

Last edited:

Just_another_day_at_work

DOUBLE AWESOME!

Un-fracking believable.

Send a message when you see you can't make business on time, most of the time they won't send you any help, but at least you passed the responsibility. They always say communication, communication. Give it to them! I got back with 18 missed business pieces one day, when covered some working off the clock idiot's route. No warning letter.
On my old industrial route they sent me in the blind with more airs than the regular guy usually had. Told them in the morning not feeling comfortable running airs on time. They said OK, just roll. So I did. 5 late airs. Someone did my pickups cause my eta was 9 pm. Next day I had my proper training. :)

stopcomplete

No matter what you do at UPS, it's a pretty simple job... If your full time - your compensated very well, to do a very simple job. If you want a job that makes you feel good, be a greater at WalMart and work for chump change...
It may be simple but not easy,thats what the company refuses to acknowledge.

BrownArmy

However your dispatch oms are great. I have to say they helped me out alot and didn't get too mad at me being a newbie :). It's a pressure cooker for sure, especially going out blind. I'd hate to think of the route you were on. lol

Our new dispatch ninja is awesome, however his hands are tied with the last minute add/cuts...even he knows they don't make any sense, and he tries to minimize the damage, but there's only so much he can do...

Send a message when you see you can't make business on time, most of the time they won't send you any help, but at least you passed the responsibility. They always say communication, communication. Give it to them!

That's usually how I roll, but this is why being on the blind with businesses PAL'd to the 8000 section in random residential neighborhoods totally sucks.

I agree 100% though, put it right back on them. They must realize the consequences of their poor planning...

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
stupidity from management makes me all kinds of money anymore.

i used to care and try and fix problems that they had created but they care even less than i do so forget it.

ill have that new boat this year!!!