Does ups contribute towards union employee 401k?

The Driver

I drive.
Does prudential just save our 401k money that we invest with no growth ?

reddit: the front page of the internet

Check out that link for general information on your journey to financial wellness.

If you're young and don't know what you're doing I'd suggest just putting all of your contributions in your Prudential 401(k) into the S&P 500 index fund until you learn more. But the more and earlier you invest, the faster you'll be on the road to financial security.

I’ve been driving for 3 years and ups automatically start taking money out for 401k from the first check , But I listen to Dave Ramsey who suggest getting a Roth IRA that will grow so I don’t know if I should drop ups 401k plan . Im 24 so I’m trying to make the best decision for my future

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’ve been driving for 3 years and ups automatically start taking money out for 401k from the first check , But I listen to Dave Ramsey who suggest getting a Roth IRA that will grow so I don’t know if I should drop ups 401k plan . Im 24 so I’m trying to make the best decision for my future

Kudos for listening to Dave Ramsey as his advice is spot on.

Do some research on your own as to the differences between the Traditional and Roth 401k.

If it were me I would put my money in to the Bright Horizon Fund closest to my projected retirement year. This is a "set it and forget it" fund which doesn't require a lot of time to manage.

Every time you get a raise put it in to your 401k.

The Driver

I drive.
24 and investing, you're in a good spot. Congratulations. Put as much as you can into the markets and don't throw up and panic when there's a big dip. Remember, you're buying little pieces of some of the strongest companies in the world. In the end the stock market is a scale. You want that scale to be heavy, own a lot of shares of the world's best companies.

Go get it.

CoffeeStainedUniform

The IRA (Roth or traditional) contribution limit is much smaller than your 401k. Max out your 401k...it'll get more tax free growth. Or do both.