Does UPS drug test?

adavis88

I recently applied for a PT seasonal driver helper and did orientation just a couple of days ago. But think back in it, I don't believe they talked about drug testing. Now if it someone who is applying for a driver position, I am going to assume that they obviously drug test those guys since they are the ones who are actually behind the wheel. But I am asking because I do occasionally partake in cannabis to help me sleep better (fyi I do live in a state where weed is legal for both recreational and medicinal use). I often wake up in the middle of the night to either go to the bathroom or to get a glass of water. But it almost always takes me anywhere between 2-4 hours to get back to sleep which is no bueno if I have to be up early in the morning. So when I smoke before I go to bed it helps me stay asleep throughout the night. But I only smoke maybe once a week so I don't develop a tolerance for it. But if I'm going to be getting drug tested, then that means that I'm probably going to have to stop full-time. I haven't done anything for about a week now. I'm not asking to get judged here, I'm merely asking to be informed.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I recently applied for a PT seasonal driver helper and did orientation just a couple of days ago. But think back in it, I don't believe they talked about drug testing. Now if it someone who is applying for a driver position, I am going to assume that they obviously drug test those guys since they are the ones who are actually behind the wheel. But I am asking because I do occasionally partake in cannabis to help me sleep better (fyi I do live in a state where weed is legal for both recreational and medicinal use). I often wake up in the middle of the night to either go to the bathroom or to get a glass of water. But it almost always takes me anywhere between 2-4 hours to get back to sleep which is no bueno if I have to be up early in the morning. So when I smoke before I go to bed it helps me stay asleep throughout the night. But I only smoke maybe once a week so I don't develop a tolerance for it. But if I'm going to be getting drug tested, then that means that I'm probably going to have to stop full-time. I haven't done anything for about a week now. I'm not asking to get judged here, I'm merely asking to be informed.
You can use heroin,meth,crack,pcp,ectasy,mdma,powder cocaine,lsd,psilocybin,mdma,krokodil,thc.
Your problem is you need to smoke more ups doesn't test

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Relax man, you'll fit in nicely here. Puff puff pass.

meritocracy

A lot of part-timers at UPS test drugs daily.

Serious answer is that you'll only be tested if you're hurt on the job or involved in an accident. The way weed stays in your system I would recommend that you stop smoking regularly if you want to be a driver.

Cowboy Mac

A lot of part-timers at UPS test drugs daily.

Serious answer is that you'll only be tested if you're hurt on the job or involved in an accident. The way weed stays in your system I would recommend that you stop smoking regularly if you want to be a driver.
I agree but will add that if more than one supervisor suspects that you have been smoking weed, (ie if you smell like weed, red eyes, acting high), they can drug test you.

IMO there are other, better ways to help you go to sleep that don’t put your job at risk.

satellitedriver

Way back in the 1980's, when I was hired, they did a full background check of past criminal offenses and required 3 references from past employers.
Luckily, in 1971, I was not sentenced to 20yrs in Huntsville , Tx State Prison for possession.
I am no Saint.
In the late 60's into the early 70's I did, and pushed, every available "street" drug.
Reality set in when all my "OG's" died, for various reasons, and I changed my ways.
UPS only drug tested if you were involved in an accident.
There are other legal sleep aids out there, and they are cheaper and more effective.
Do drugs at your own leisure, but do not use your behavior to put others in jeopardy.
I may be too honest on an open forum, but I have seen first hand how people use and get used by drugs to "feel" better.
Not to be a hypocrite, I still drink beer at home.

adavis88

Thanks for the advice everyone. I would never come to work after I had been smoking because that would just be flat out irresponsible. As far as those go who were suggesting "copious amounts" of alcohol ... Bad suggestion. 1.) Drinking that much is bad for your liver. I had an uncle that died 10 years ago with liver cancer from hep c and with cirrhosis in his liver from all the drinking he did. 2.) That much alcohol would be expensive. My husband and I aren't exactly ballers here or else I wouldn't need a PT job. 3.) I have an autistic 3 year old at home who just started school and husband is a recovering alcoholic (almost 15 years sober) so that kinda goes hand in hand with being responsible. But it seems like I've got all of the information I need. So thanks again.

satellitedriver

That was me and my wingman "Chino" in 1971 to 1974.
I love that movie because I lived that life and at the same time it saddens me.
Chino supposedly hung himself in a Houston Jail on Christmas day 1974, after a car wreck.
I know different, since I had been locked up in the same location twice and witnessed the guards beating and strangle holding those arrested.
That is when I stopped all drug use and went back to college and met the beautiful woman that is still my wife today.
In the fullness of time, I have learned that drug use is just a destructive method of trying to assuage deep emotional issues.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That was me and my wingman "Chino" in 1971 to 1974.
I love that movie because I lived that life and at the same time it saddens me.
Chino supposedly hung himself in a Houston Jail on Christmas day 1974, after a car wreck.
I know different, since I had been locked up in the same location twice and witnessed the guards beating and strangle holding those arrested.
That is when I stopped all drug use and went back to college and met the beautiful woman that is still my wife today.
In the fullness of time, I have learned that drug use is just a destructive method of trying to assuage deep emotional issues.
Sunday night the scabs out
It’s medicine 33 states have declared it as such