Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us too?

Spicybrother

How does what UPS has recently done to their management, by forcing spouses who can obtain insurance off the UPS health care, make you feel about union, "Central States" insurance coverage now? In my estimation, maybe it gives you a new perspective on how big the fight to keep us from paying really was? Do you still feel so strongly that you want to remain in the UPS plan? Looks like to me, UPS is going to screw us with health care as soon as they can. Being in bed with UPS insurance is like being in bed with the devil. Soon or later you are going to have to $%%# That's my position. Feeling? I am concurrently in Central States healthcare so it's not like I am being forced into another plan, need to state that. The dental is has no limit for kids under 19 for everything except braces. My little girl had a 2k dental bill last month. They just paid all of it but $6. Maybe it could be better but it's certainly not the worst free insurance.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Re: Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us

How does what UPS has recently done to their management, by forcing spouses who can obtain insurance off the UPS health care, make you feel about union, "Central States" insurance coverage now? In my estimation, maybe it gives you a new perspective on how big the fight to keep us from paying really was? Do you still feel so strongly that you want to remain in the UPS plan? Looks like to me, UPS is going to screw us with health care as soon as they can. Being in bed with UPS insurance is like being in bed with the devil. Soon or later you are going to have to $%%# That's my position. Feeling? I am concurrently in Central States healthcare so it's not like I am being forced into another plan, need to state that. The dental is has no limit for kids under 19 for everything except braces. My little girl had a 2k dental bill last month. They just paid all of it but $6. Maybe it could be better but it's certainly not the worst free insurance.

People who think TEAMCare is horrible insurance really need a reality check. The percentage of Americans with dental insurance has dropped to an estimated 50% this year. So, only have of Americans have ANY type of dental insurance. How good do you think the other half's is? (Hint: as of 2010, 90% capped benefits at $1500 annually. Teamsters transitioning into TEAMCare will not have caps, as UPS will pay what TEAMCare won't). And we're upset with a $6 fee on a $2K bill? Really?

UPS wasn't willing to continue the benefit package status quo. UPS certainly wasn't willing to continue to benefit package AND give us $3.90 in raises + increases in welfare contributions. Get over it.

Griff

Re: Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us

Maybe it could be better but it's certainly not the worst free insurance.

This seems to be a recurring statement made on these boards. FREE insurance?

My paycheck, insurance and pension aren't free. They are part of a compensation package that I actually work for Monday through Friday.

If anyone knows how I can get on UPS's free insurance, please let me know ASAP. I'd love to sit home all day watching Jerry Springer and ESPN while still enjoying my insurance coverage. I think you are confusing OBAMAcare with TEAMcare.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

This seems to be a recurring statement made on these boards. FREE insurance?

My paycheck, insurance and pension aren't free. They are part of a compensation package that I actually work for Monday through Friday.

If anyone knows how I can get on UPS's free insurance, please let me know ASAP. I'd love to sit home all day watching Jerry Springer and ESPN while still enjoying my insurance coverage. I think you are confusing OBAMAcare with TEAMcare.

It will end up being the same thing. Unless another political party repeals it. Atleast,we don't need to worry about it for 5 yrs. I hope. Already heard my local will be taking 35 cents in the last yrs raise. For pensions

twoweeled

The fight has just begun. I find it impossible that Team Healthcare is comparable to what we have. If it were so, we wouldn't be in this fight now. There is a huge disparity in the cost of UPS insurance, and Team Healthcare. Just why do you think that is?? Quoting an example under certain, perfect conditions, is not indicative of what we will experience with Team healthcare.

People who think TEAMCare is horrible insurance really need a reality check. The percentage of Americans with dental insurance has dropped to an estimated 50% this year. So, only have of Americans have ANY type of dental insurance. How good do you think the other half's is? (Hint: as of 2010, 90% capped benefits at $1500 annually. Teamsters transitioning into TEAMCare will not have caps, as UPS will pay what TEAMCare won't). And we're upset with a $6 fee on a $2K bill? Really?

UPS wasn't willing to continue the benefit package status quo. UPS certainly wasn't willing to continue to benefit package AND give us $3.90 in raises + increases in welfare contributions. Get over it.
You don't get it. We were supposed to go into teamcare to make it stronger when the big hit was coming form Obamacare because it was the biggest teamster plan. Teamcare is looking at a 40% tax if Obamacare kicks in. That's why the union leaders wrote a letter to Obama. If Obamacare fails to go through which is a great possibility. This contract will pass. Until then this contract isn't going anywhere.

brown_trousers

Management recieves exactly what they negotiate for... little to nothing. If they truly feel they deserve more, they should grow a pair and actually do something about. Until then, they are choosing to be gluttens for punishment

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Management recieves exactly what they negotiate for... little to nothing. If they truly feel they deserve more, they should grow a pair and actually do something about. Until then, they are choosing to be gluttens for punishment

I think they take it out on sheep like you.

You'll be getting 15 extra stops on Monday you mutton for punishment.

Stay after work the and spell "glutton" correctly 200 times and write the grammar rule "i" before "e" except after "c" 20 times.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

"WE" didnt ask for $3.90 in raises, and besides, UPS didnt have to use "new" money for those raises, bonehead, they came out of the pockets of the part timers who's progression was extended another year. By not paying them full rate for another year, UPS saves money and then turns around and hands that same money back as raises.

Its all a shell game bro.

Personally, I am glad they kicked the spouses off the insurance of the non union workers at UPS. Serves them right. I hope UPS is going to use the savings from kicking them off to maintain our current benefits in the west after this contract gets shot down again in a couple of weeks.

That would make my day.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Stay after work the and spell "glutton" correctly 200 times and write the grammar rule "i" before "e" except after "c" 20 times.

You have to "love" UPS managements idea of punishment. "heres 15 more stops on monday"....

WHOA! 15 whole stops? Lets see, If I do those 15 stops at 7.5 stops per hour because I have to drive safely in the dark, and I have to follow all the driving and delivery rules, that works out to 2 hours at 56.00 bucks an hour or $112.00 as a punishment.

WOW.... I feel victimized. Give me 15 stops and I will milk it for $112.00 bucks. This isnt 1982 anymore Hoax.

This is the new UPS, the land of free money! The land of excessive spending and ridiculous managerial decisions.

UPS should put this on the side of the trucks:

UPS, "where we step over dollars to pick up pennies"

Peace

TOS

Spicybrother

Teamsters transitioning into TEAMCare will not have caps, as UPS will pay what TEAMCare won't). And we're upset with a $6 fee on a $2K bill? Really?

it.
Who is complaining?!!! The dentist could not believe it. I was thrilled.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You have to "love" UPS managements idea of punishment. "heres 15 more stops on monday"....

WHOA! 15 whole stops? Lets see, If I do those 15 stops at 7.5 stops per hour because I have to drive safely in the dark, and I have to follow all the driving and delivery rules, that works out to 2 hours at 56.00 bucks an hour or $112.00 as a punishment.

WOW.... I feel victimized. Give me 15 stops and I will milk it for $112.00 bucks. This isnt 1982 anymore Hoax.

This is the new UPS, the land of free money! The land of excessive spending and ridiculous managerial decisions.

Peace

TOS

That's amusing ... you usually catch sarcasm and puns.

It's posts like this that keeps me coming back.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Hoax. Being former management. Can you give info on how much areas actually make? The difference between city and country areas,I know is big. The extra 15 stops -how does it prove anything? It will just further divide management vs driver. For what? Spite.

Squint

No more work for me!

"WE" didnt ask for $3.90 in raises, and besides, UPS didnt have to use "new" money for those raises, bonehead, they came out of the pockets of the part timers who's progression was extended another year. By not paying them full rate for another year, UPS saves money and then turns around and hands that same money back as raises.

Its all a shell game bro.

Personally, I am glad they kicked the spouses off the insurance of the non union workers at UPS. Serves them right. I hope UPS is going to use the savings from kicking them off to maintain our current benefits in the west after this contract gets shot down again in a couple of weeks.

That would make my day.

Peace

TOS

You called him a bonehead, then you called him bro. Your tone of condensation is bright enough for all to see.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

The money saved from lengthening the progression barely makes a dent in the overall wage (direct and indirect - a la health & welfare) increase earned by the IBT. For example, in many supplements, seasonal and TCD rates saw large increases; in fact, in CS, the driver helper rate will increase from $12.88 to $15.00. Significant increases also incurred in the PT wage progression + family benefits are awarded six months earlier. Yes, they still suck balls but they're very noticeable to the persons cutting the checks. IBT received a tremendous amount in direct/indirect wage increases that will vastly impact the company's bottom line.

You don't get it. We were supposed to go into teamcare to make it stronger when the big hit was coming form Obamacare because it was the biggest teamster plan. Teamcare is looking at a 40% tax if Obamacare kicks in. That's why the union leaders wrote a letter to Obama. If Obamacare fails to go through which is a great possibility. This contract will pass. Until then this contract isn't going anywhere.

I do get it. But I don't get your post, or the relevance of it toward mine / the topic. ?

oldupsman

My UPS healthcare plan is by far and away a superior plan to Teamcare. Now you want to make Teamcare the same as my current UPS plan than
I'm listening. And most of us with UPS healthcare would gladly give up the 3.90 in raises to keep our plan. If you disagree, well get over it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

My UPS healthcare plan is by far and away a superior plan to Teamcare. Now you want to make Teamcare the same as my current UPS plan than
I'm listening. And most of us with UPS healthcare would gladly give up the 3.90 in raises to keep our plan. If you disagree, well get over it.

Can you please explain how the current company plan is "far and away superior" to TEAMCare? Specifically, the average driver will earn about $30,000 in raises over the life of the contract. Can you please explain how TEAMCare will cost him/her more than $30,000 (vs. the current plan) out-of-pocket?

Didn't think so.

​Get over it.

stink219

Peace

TOS
Holy Crap! Who is this guy?! I don't like you still, but I dig this post.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Hoax. Being former management. Can you give info on how much areas actually make? The difference between city and country areas,I know is big. The extra 15 stops -how does it prove anything? It will just further divide management vs driver. For what? Spite.

C'mon Dude.
​I wasn't serious.

The money saved from lengthening the progression barely makes a dent in the overall wage (direct and indirect - a la health & welfare) increase earned by the IBT. For example, in many supplements, seasonal and TCD rates saw large increases; in fact, in CS, the driver helper rate will increase from $12.88 to $15.00. Significant increases also incurred in the PT wage progression + family benefits are awarded six months earlier. Yes, they still suck balls but they're very noticeable to the persons cutting the checks. IBT received a tremendous amount in direct/indirect wage increases that will vastly impact the company's bottom line.

I do get it. But I don't get your post, or the relevance of it toward mine / the topic. ?
What I meant was it doesn't matter what happens out side of ups or in teamcare. It's just not what we want to be for the reason I said in my last post. If Obamacare doesn't go through it would be a good thing to go into teamcare. One it wouldn't mimic Obamacare because Obamacare wouldn't be in place(If Ups coverd what teamcare didn't). Then again IBT wouldn't care and say to the locals you can found your own health plans.