Does your hub have a picnic for employees family in the summer?

Observer

Does your hub have a picnic for employees families to attend? Our hub in the midwest has had two total in over 25 years. One was the hundredth anniversary and the other was a picnic with those JTM burgers. The only thing that was tasty were the cupcakes. Some of the "shirts" showed up but only talked to the supervisors. Nice, huh?
I think the company should have something fairly decent once a year - perhaps on the anniversary weekend for the employees - without us they wouldn't be anything. After all with all of the extra profit they are gaining and the their recent earnings - they could certainly HELP morale a lot. Of course, we will also remember the harassment, short pays, supes working but wouldn't it be nice if they treated us as humans instead of just a number on their shift sheet?
So the question is: does you hub have anything and is it annually?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Does your hub have a picnic for employees families to attend? Our hub in the midwest has had two total in over 25 years. One was the hundredth anniversary and the other was a picnic with those JTM burgers. The only thing that was tasty were the cupcakes. Some of the "shirts" showed up but only talked to the supervisors. Nice, huh?
I think the company should have something fairly decent once a year - perhaps on the anniversary weekend for the employees - without us they wouldn't be anything. After all with all of the extra profit they are gaining and the their recent earnings - they could certainly HELP morale a lot. Of course, we will also remember the harassment, short pays, supes working but wouldn't it be nice if they treated us as humans instead of just a number on their shift sheet?

Those days are long gone friend. Even if they do something now, no one goes. The animosity is at an all time high.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hell we’re lucky if we get a biscuit or doughnuts in the morning anymore unless someone retires.
If I make it that far, I’m crapping my own pants minutes before the breakfast, then standing right in front of the tables grabbing food with my bare hands.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I heard stories about such things way before I was hired in the early nineties. The shareholders would have a fit.

wait a minute.....I'm a shareholder.

If UPS ever held a family picnic now I would be paranoid and suspicious.

MrBates

In the northeast we had "UPSers day". The company rented Hershey park for a whole day just for UPS workers. It wansnt free but we got like 50% off the tickets to get in, and the all you can eat buffet was $19 each.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Get real!!

Just pay me

F

Frankie's Friend

Sounds nice.
No we don't.
We dont even go to the union golf outing. We cant stand the ba either.