Doing a little work on the server today.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just wanted to let you know that there will be a short period of downtime and maybe a couple of hiccups today.

The server hasn't been feeling well and needs some chicken soup and tlc.

:peaceful:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Gotta put a lock on the windows and cracks that tie slipped in on?:wink2:

Dont you just love technology......

Best

d

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Yes, it is a LAMP dedicated box hosted by Servint. I like to do my own basic updates, optimizing and maintenance. Anything more complicated (or anything I break) they can handle. If anyone is looking for a good virtual host I'd recommend them.

Over the past few weeks there have been a lot of changes made to the server. The ultimate goal is to speed up pageloads.

The site has been moved from a vps to a dedicated box, the core programs have all been updated etc. The database storage type has been tweaked, etc. During this time, even though there have been outages, errors and slow page loads, I have only received a few complaints so hopefully it hasn't disrupted things too much.

Putting the finishing touches on a few things today, then we should be good to go... until the next time we need to upgrade.

Thank you for your patience.

curiousbrain

[...] I like to do my own basic updates, optimizing and maintenance.

I can certainly relate to that impulse; I used to run a webserver that I would compile and build from a Slackware 3.1 system years ago - why I did that I don't know, it was some kind of primal urge.

If anyone is looking for a good virtual host I'd recommend them.

I'll keep that in mind; might be in the market for one sometime this year.

Kudos on the upgrades; good luck with it all.