DOK Questions

RollerG

My hub is having a DOK question Audit for the package handlers. I know most too all 12, having a bit trouble shooting on most, I know them but I have pauses which kinda screws me up like example the "5 keys to slips and falls". I was wondering if you have to get all of them right, I mean I only had to get about 70% to get hired. Also if you fail these what would happen?

old levi's

blank space
My hub is having a DOK question Audit for the package handlers. I know most too all 12, having a bit trouble shooting on most, I know them but I have pauses which kinda screws me up like example the "5 keys to slips and falls". I was wondering if you have to get all of them right, I mean I only had to get about 70% to get hired. Also if you fail these what would happen?
Slips and falls is one of the easy one to remember. LAWES

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"LAWES"?

we do LEADS

L - look b4 stepping
E - Establish firm footing
A - Adjust for changing conditions
D - don't run, walk at brisk pace
S - Stay off chutes, slides and rollers

old levi's

blank space
"LAWES"?

we do LEADS

L - look b4 stepping
E - Establish firm footing
A - Adjust for changing conditions
D - don't run, walk at brisk pace
S - Stay off chutes, slides and rollers

look before you step
adjust for changing conditions
walk don't run
establish firm footing
stay off moving belts and rollers

Same,Same

philmydoyle

Just file
Learn your DOKs to the best of your ability don't stress out if you miss them you can't loose your job for missing DOKs if they want you to know them 100% tell them you need time to study on the clock before or after work. Another thing, when they do practice DOKs you are not obligated to sign or initial those documents only official OSHA or Ketter documents must be signed

Last edited:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
WESLA... is another way

Walk at a brisk pace
Establish a firm footing
Stay off unsecured conveyor equipment
Look before stepping
Adjust to changing conditions

At my building when I was hired, they said you need to get 100% to pass and work or else another class... lol...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why in the world would you post on this thread?
Because I have Depth Of Knowledge, don't you know?
Everybody was doing acronyms..........that's the common denominator. Admit it, you chortled. Actually I want to appear in your morning search of "most ridiculous posts".

UPSGUY72

You will find out that it is easier to just learn the DOK so when they come around and ask you you can rattle them off and they will go bother someone else. Not knowing them paints a target on you for future harassment.

You will find out that it is easier to just learn the DOK so when they come around and ask you you can rattle them off and they will go bother someone else. Not knowing them paints a target on you for future harassment.
I've survived 21 years of harassment ....what's 10 more?!!

brownelf

You'de think the DOK would be the same nationwide, but the way it's recited is different from district to district. It should be standardized like the 5 seeing habits were years ago, and once done should remain that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

old levi's

blank space

This is exactly what I did. Takes all the pressure off! I can recite them forward, backward, sideways. I can go through them so quickly the examiner has a hard time keeping up.

bumped

This is exactly what I did. Takes all the pressure off! I can recite them forward, backward, sideways. I can go through them so quickly the examiner has a hard time keeping up.

We have a pm air driver that can speed read them. Whenever he had to wait for a letter box he would study his DOK's.

UPSGUY72

I'm the same way the last time we had a Keter Audit I got bonus point for knowing them word for word.