specter208

Don't want to give too much info but I'm a Current Part-Timer. Bid on a position, completed training and am now feeling buyers remorse about it after 2 days in new role. Am I able to give up the spot?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don't want to give too much info but I'm a Current Part-Timer. Bid on a position, completed training and am now feeling buyers remorse about it after 2 days in new role. Am I able to give up the spot?
Depends on how things are done in your building. Have you gone to management and told them you don't like parking cars? If you had and they said tough. Wreck one and get DQ'd

specter208

Depends on how things are done in your building. Have you gone to management and told them you don't like parking cars? If you had and they said tough. Wreck one and get DQ'd

Seriously!? Just get it over with and give it up.
Position is actually for backing up trailers. Funny thing is my trainer and full-time sup Both said I was a beast. I just feel like risk-reward balance isn't worth it. I'm only 2 years into my career and want to go driving with a clean record.

PT Car Washer

You should have 30 days to qualify in your new position. DQ yourself, go back to your Pryor position and let the next person in line have the position.

PT Car Washer

Position is actually for backing up trailers. Funny thing is my trainer and full-time sup Both said I was a beast. I just feel like risk-reward balance isn't worth it. I'm only 2 years into my career and want to go driving with a clean record.
Had an employee bid a PT air driver job with hopes of a FT driver position. Broke a mirror going through the wash tunnel and was DQ'ed for a year from driving.

specter208

Had an employee bid a PT air driver job with hopes of a FT driver position. Broke a mirror going through the wash tunnel and was DQ'ed for a year from driving.
I'm not getting a raise for doing this either. If anything I took pay cut since I had to go on a T-S schedule with fewer hours on Saturday.

Brisket

So your record is not clean now?, and they still let you have it?

Brisket

I'm not getting a raise for doing this either. If anything I took pay cut since I had to go on a T-S schedule with fewer hours on Saturday.
Oh well that changes everything, just tell them you don’t want it ( if possible) like others have said, why did you accept it if it’s the same pay? Easier job?

specter208

So your record is not clean now?, and they still let you have it?
I'm squeaky clean. No blemishes. I was led to believe it would be easy money but it isn't fun trying to park 4-5 53's next to each other in the smallest trailer yard in our district at night during preload.

specter208

This the space I have to work in. To Pull 53' trailers from the dock with anything next to them, my tractor tires end up being only inches away from the curb. Or trying to back anything longer than 40 feet past and around a 48' or 53' seems too risky.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 354

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This the space I have to work in. To Pull 53' trailers from the dock with anything next to them, my tractor tires end up being only inches away from the curb. Or trying to back anything longer than 40 feet past and around a 48' or 53' seems too risky.

That's a little tight but many older hub's have at least one wall like that to deal with.

I take it you're shifting in a tractor? I can't read the numbers but those looked like they would be outbound doors, correct? If so at least you're only changing them a few times per sort .

Give it a few weeks and it will be much easier, proper setup for a back takes some time to learn.

specter208

That's a little tight but many older hub's have at least one wall like that to deal with.

I take it you're shifting in a tractor? I can't read the numbers but those looked like they would be outbound doors, correct? If so at least you're only changing them a few times per sort .

Give it a few weeks and it will be much easier, proper setup for a back takes some time to learn.
I use a Dedicated yard mule. It has the hydraulic 5th wheel boom. I work the preload so I have to move much faster and I get anxious when I have to move the 48' and 53' on and off.

barnyard

KTM rider

We had a car parker that was DQ'd from signing a bid 3 times for broken mirrors while parking. He finally quit car parking until he was able to sign a FT bid.

If the OP feels like he has to push it to get the job done, he may not be the person for the job. In my area, you have 10 days to try out a new bid position.

barnyard

KTM rider

Our older buildings were designed for pups. If you do not feel safe doing the job, either ask for more training or tell your boss you pass because you do not feel safe.