Don't trust your unions, especially concerning who to vote for in presidential election

Faceplanted

The majority of h/h guys and the teamsters in general seems to be pushing the blue side. "The dems will save our pensions and keep unions strong"

Time for a change everywhere. Let's try to stop the corruption and back door deals plaguing not only the teamsters but the USA

And no I'm not a republican

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The majority of h/h guys and the teamsters in general seems to be pushing the blue side. "The dems will save our pensions and keep unions strong"

Time for a change everywhere. Let's try to stop the corruption and back door deals plaguing not only the teamsters but the USA

And no I'm not a republican

Dems only want your vote every 4 yrs. Sound familiar? The union gave away the keys to the family farm. Our union left 15 plus yrs ago. That was the union I was proud of. Sad. I cant wait to get out of it now.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's too hard to decertify the union. Trust me we liked into it after this contract
Decertifying is actually easy.

The hard part is surviving the required year wait until we can reorganize into another union and negotiate another collective bargaining agreement.

That word, "decertify", swirls around my local frequently, especially in crafts other than UPS.

School bus drivers and monitors, who make $12/hr or less, and top out at $18.75/hr after 16 years, is where I hear it the most.
It's hard to blame them.

That's why I feel that the IBT's focus on this "low hanging fruit", as @Bug referred to it, is short sighted and "unsustainable".

It's high time we turn our organizational attention back to our core industries and other parallel vocations and crafts.
Instead, we seem content to throw our hands in the air and complain about the decertification of the freight industry in the 1980's.

SMH

~Bbbl~™

The hard part is surviving the required year wait until we can reorganize into another union and negotiate another collective bargaining agreement.

That word, "decertify", swirls around my local frequently, especially in crafts other than UPS.

School bus drivers and monitors, who make $12/hr or less, and top out at $18.75/hr after 16 years, is where I hear it the most.
It's hard to blame them.

That's why I feel that the IBT's focus on this "low hanging fruit", as @Bug referred to it, is short sighted and "unsustainable".

It's high time we turn our organizational attention back to our core industries and other parallel vocations and crafts.

~Bbbl~™
Yes that's the problem. We couldn't survive a year without a union

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes that's the problem. We couldn't survive a year without a union
Only the cockroaches and Dave would survive.

That's why we must insist that the one we already have correct their shortcomings, evolve with the times without offering up concessions to thriving companies, while organizing new companies and crafts, to increase our membership going forward.

If we don't, our Union will continue to experience the slow, arduous death spiral we are experiencing presently.

It's hard to blame them.

Instead, we seem content to throw our hands in the air and complain about the decertification of the freight industry in the 1980's.

SMH

~Bbbl~™
We have teamster parking lot attendants that make $8.50 an hour with no benefits.

Why should they pay dues?

That's why we must insist that the one we already have correct their shortcomings, evolve with the times without offering up concessions to thriving companies, while organizing new companies and crafts, to increase our membership going forward.

If we don't, our Union will continue to experience the slow, arduous death spiral we are experiencing presently.
Fred Z

Fred Z

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lmao!!!

Gimme Danger

It's hard to blame them.
Our school bus drivers make $25/hr after 5 years, with the most guaranteed hours in the industry.
I guess Local leadership makes a difference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our school bus drivers make $25/hr after 5 years, with the most guaranteed hours in the industry.
I guess Local leadership makes a difference.
...or they are poached public sector employees, who are only guaranteed through the duration of their present contract???

Likely not private sector employees like ours who work for First Student, with their "National Contract", that allows for locally negotiated pay rates?

Last edited:

Gimme Danger

...or they are poached public sector employees, who are only guaranteed through the duration of their present contract???

Likely not private sector employees like ours who work for First Student, with their "National Contract", that allows for locally negotiated pay rates?
First Student. National master, local cba's.

UniteandWin

I promise all of you Union haters Wal-Mart is hiring. If being a Teamster is that much of a burden, get out of the way and let a junior guy have your benefits. Koch bros are also hiring robocallers for Trump

Sent using BrownCafe App