DON'T YOU COME HERE THIS LATE!!!

FilingBluesFL

So guy has some food that has to be signed for, I show up at 9:05pm, knock gently since they're in kind of an elderly apartment building thing, and didn't want to wake EVERYONE up...

Guy (had to have been older womans kid) opens the door, rubbing his eyes, says to me "... why are you knocking this late?" "Oh, this needs a signature please."

*takes the board*

"Don't deliver here this late..." "It's not really my choice, this is when I'm told to be here."

"I'm telling you, don't deliver here this late again." "I can't do that. I have to make an attempt on every package."

"I said, don't come here this late. Come earlier or don't come at all." "Sorry, but I can't just not attempt to deliver this package."

*throws DIAD on box and starts closing door*

"WELL HOW ABOUT YOU COME BACK AGAIN TOMORROW."

"Ok!"

Refused: Didn't want.

Done.

Think he'll be wondering when it's going to show up tomorrow?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Maybe they can update the DIAD to take out refused "Damage" and replace it with "Too late". Amazon does state on their time frame "package will be delivered before 8pm" under tracking.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg
!

Dr.Brownz

I've told management to pull their heads out of their ass's on more than one occassion. No one wants a ****dam* residential delivery at 8 or 9pm. I'd be annoyed if someone knocked on my door past 7pm. The only time we should deliver that late is peak season. It just isn't good customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So guy has some food that has to be signed for, I show up at 9:05pm, knock gently since they're in kind of an elderly apartment building thing, and didn't want to wake EVERYONE up...

Guy (had to have been older womans kid) opens the door, rubbing his eyes, says to me "... why are you knocking this late?" "Oh, this needs a signature please."

*takes the board*

"Don't deliver here this late..." "It's not really my choice, this is when I'm told to be here."

"I'm telling you, don't deliver here this late again." "I can't do that. I have to make an attempt on every package."

"I said, don't come here this late. Come earlier or don't come at all." "Sorry, but I can't just not attempt to deliver this package."

"Ok!"

Done.

Your going to get a concern.......it's not your call to refuse his package.......you have to call your sup and let him make the decision........you said yourself he will be expecting del tomorrow

You should have informed him that if he refuses the delivery then it will be returned to the shipper. If you let him make the call, then your :censored2: is covered if he later complains.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've told management to pull their heads out of their ass's on more than one occassion. No one wants a *** da** residential delivery at 8 or 9pm. I'd be annoyed if someone knocked on my door past 7pm. The only time we should deliver that late is peak season. It just isn't good customer service.
Dr Brownz Delivery Service!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe they can update the DIAD to take out refused "Damage" and replace it with "Too late". Amazon does state on their time frame "package will be delivered before 8pm" under tracking.

There is a "Refused" "Too late" option already in the DIAD.

To the OP----why would you engage the OP beyond "Sorry I am so late----first initial, last name, please"? You are under no requirement to nor is he interested in or entitled to an explanation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do not future a package when someone is at the location. They either sign for it or it get sheeted refused. You also do future a resi delivery.

What if they are on vacation and have asked that their packages be held for delivery when they get back?

(I would still find a safe place to DR rather than have to deal with them later)

oldngray

nowhere special
The customer acts like you wanted to be working that late delivering his junk instead of being home sitting in a recliner watching reality shows like him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

*takes the board*

"Ok!"

Done.

He was just having a bad day.
He just learned his mother was dying.
I would feel like a heel.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your going to get a concern.......it's not your call to refuse his package.......you have to call your sup and let him make the decision........you said yourself he will be expecting del tomorrow

I am picturing the old guy sitting in his favorite chair, just waiting for his package to arrive, much like old people at the nursing home all dressed up, waiting for their kids to pick them up to go for a ride.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My last delivery yesterday was a straight from Maine lobster. It was 650 so a little late for dinner (unless you're a UPS driver).
I cared for half a second because I saw it was shipped ground/shipper release, left on doorstep and rang bell.