DOT card

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner, as I said in a previous post I've had white coat syndrome etc. If it's simply white coat syndrome and you test well at the machines at the pharmacy OK. But if those machines register similar borderline results. Skipping coffee and sodium etc should be done all the time to permanently reduce Hi blood pressure. It's not a game of lowering the BP for the day of the Dr's exam. We all need to take care of our body and work on keeping ourselves in the best shape we can so we can have a long healthy life.
I totally agree. But the place to do this is at your own doctors office, and not at the DOT terminal, with a doc you will never see again.

I wonder how many drivers think the DOT physical is comprehensive enough and do not get an annual physician or even have a personal physician.

The DOT's are a joke. Check for blood sugar, check your BP, vision, hearing, and basically do the chicken dance to test flexibility and you're out of there.

Anybody that counts that as a check up has a death wish.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The DOT's are a joke. Check for blood sugar, check your BP, vision, hearing, and basically do the chicken dance to test flexibility and you're out of there.

Anybody that counts that as a check up has a death wish.
So, it's the same everywhere. LOL!!

beentheredonethat

I wonder how many drivers think the DOT physical is comprehensive enough and do not get an annual physician or even have a personal physician.
I agree the DOT isn't comprehensive enough. However, for those that don't have a personal physician it at least does some monitoring of their health. We all should get an annual exam including blood work. Also, not all Dr's are ordering Vitamin D levels in the blood. For your next physical you should ask if this can be tested too. Many people, esp those living in the north and also African Americans are low in this vitamin. I'll admit, I didn't do a good job of physicals when I was younger. That was a mistake, and a mistake I hope others don't make. Also, I favor if at all possible to help to improve your health by reducing your calories, eating better (no fast foods, no Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable oil's, limit carbs and eliminate as much as possible the white carbs such as sugars and white bread, potatoes. Also, if you are having health problems, don't be afraid to get a second opinon. Don't be afraid to seek out advice from a naturopath or similar Dr. My son had very bad eczema when he was younger, we brought him to his pediatrician who treated the symptoms with antibiotics. We then went to two different dermatologists who gave two totally conflicting treatments. Each time he improved a bit, but as soon as the dose of medicine they gave him was over, he went back to very bad eczema. We ended up bringing him to a naturopath, The results took a little longer then the typical Dr giving a pill, but his eczema is 95% gone now. The results are incredible. After that experience and seeing how much it helped him, I really have a new found respect for naturopath and similar alternative therapies.

Bad Gas!

Our driving benefits now give us free annual bloodwork with a doc script...I had high triglicerides..So did the wife. we have to eat better...lay off the crap..drink weak***** light beer...stuff like that...have been on chloresterial med for 5 years..
On the DOT eye exam, I try to cheat using both eyes if possible.. I am putting off glasses..LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
BAd Gas and for everyone on statins. Please check into using coq10. Statins will hurt your muscles, they kill the natural coq10 and you must, replace it. My husband went on them and got the side effects of his legs just hurting every day. A week after being on coq, no muscle aches. A driver asked me if he could go on disablity for a med, (lipitor) I told him if a drug is disabling you you need to get off it. I told him, but he opted to just go off lipitor.http://www.livestrong.com/article/468390-statins-coq10-deficiency/