DOT Physical Waiver

MDX91

"Waives the requirement under 49 CFR 391.45 that CDL holders, CLP holders, and non- CDL drivers have a medical examination and certification, provided that they have proof of a valid medical certification and any required medical variance (as defined in 49 CFR 390.5T such as an exemption letter or a skill performance evaluation certificate) that were issued for a period of 90 days or longer and that expired on or after March 1, 2020. "

Is there any reason we wouldn't fall under that? I really don't care to be waiting in line with a bunch of people there for covid testing.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Screenshot_20200722-220159_Chrome.jpg

It's only a temporary waiver, until the end of September if your CDL or medical card had expired during these dates. A pause on enforcement of the rules. However, meeting the requirements of UPS is a separate issue.

MDX91

Management at my building hadn't heard of it, but placed some calls, apparently we are covered under it, and the waiver being at the federal level, it should apply for all US UPS drivers through September 30 as of this point in time. I'd put money on it being extended further though, something to keep an eye on.

Oak

I was told, "UPS is not following the DOT exemption."

I have this in writing, so I may have to file for being refused work.:biggrin: Easiest money you can make at UPS is while you're at home.