Dow 650,000

rod

Retired 22 years
1850 wasn't long before the Civil War and the nation was becoming more and more divided. Yet here we are today.
Yes --but back then people cared about a cause and the industrial revolution was just on the horizon. Now nobody gives a :censored2: and all our industries have moved away. I bet if full scale war broke out today with China or Russian 90% of American's draftable youth would take off for the Canadian or Mexican border because they have no idea what patriotism is and their parents would be the ones driving them because for the most part they are pusillanimous too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I bet if full scale war broke out today with China or Russian 90% of American's draftable youth would take off for the Canadian or Mexican border because they have no idea what patriotism is and their parents would be the ones driving them because for the most part they are pusillanimous too.
Luckily, and with proper medication, desensitized youths trained on call of duty games can fight by drone from a climate controlled office building for hours on end.

vantexan

Yes --but back then people cared about a cause and the industrial revolution was just on the horizon. Now nobody gives a :censored2: and all our industries have moved away. I bet if full scale war broke out today with China or Russian 90% of American's draftable youth would take off for the Canadian or Mexican border because they have no idea what patriotism is and their parents would be the ones driving them because for the most part they are pusillanimous too.
For every spoiled brat there are 9 young adults I'm certain who would fight. People have been knocking the next generation forever. When kids no longer play football you may have a point. But in every corner of the country tough young men are knocking heads. Not to mention we've got an army of butch lesbians who'd love the chance to kill men. By the way the industrial revolution had been going for decades by 1850 and with 90% of the industry a major factor in the Union winning.

Box Ox

When kids no longer play football you may have a point. But in every corner of the country tough young men are knocking heads.

Knowing what we now know about the long-term effects of concussions/CTE/head injuries, you'd still choose to go out and slam your head into other heads? I wouldn't.

El Correcto

god is dead
For every spoiled brat there are 9 young adults I'm certain who would fight. People have been knocking the next generation forever. When kids no longer play football you may have a point. But in every corner of the country tough young men are knocking heads. Not to mention we've got an army of butch lesbians who'd love the chance to kill men. By the way the industrial revolution had been going for decades by 1850 and with 90% of the industry a major factor in the Union winning.
Wut lmao

El Correcto

god is dead
Luckily, and with proper medication, desensitized youths trained on call of duty games can fight by drone from a climate controlled office building for hours on end.
Everyone knows you have to go out and get a 5 kill streak before you can call in a drone strike, then you want to get 11 so you can call in the chopper gunner and use it to get 25 kill streak so you can drop the nuke and end the battle. Just like my great grandfather did in WW2.