DQ from FT driving

Arch

I work more then 30 days and just today the center manager called me and said I am DQ because my numbers aren't up to standards. He said he doesn't make the decision and that the division manager who I never met made the decision.

I was beating their numbers by week 6 and then all of a sudden decided to give me more work from all these other drivers outside my usual route. Didn't scratch those days because I wasn't familiar with those areas and they kept changing it day by day.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I work more then 30 days and just today the center manager called me and said I am DQ because my numbers aren't up to standards. He said he doesn't make the decision and that the division manager who I never met made the decision.

I was beating their numbers by week 6 and then all of a sudden decided to give me more work from all these other drivers outside my usual route. Didn't scratch those days because I wasn't familiar with those areas and they kept changing it day by day.
You're one of many recently that has told us a similar story.

What do you do now? Can you go back & work on the inside or does this mean you've lost your job completely?

Also, and you don't have to answer this but if UPS/IBT was not to come to an agreement and there was a work stoppage with full UPS trucks sitting idle in buildings. If your sup or ctr manager was to drive that UPS truck somewhere on area and give you the driving job. Would you do it? Would you become a driver knowing most everybody else across town was picketing? Say the Ctr Manager even sweetened the deal and said he'd pay you full driver rate of over $37 an hour.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Two. It’s hot out....
3CE7B000-2B41-4E4D-804A-B9F0D4F80979.png

I got you the ones with fireworks.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You're one of many recently that has told us a similar story.

What do you do now? Can you go back & work on the inside or does this mean you've lost your job completely?

Also, and you don't have to answer this but if UPS/IBT was not to come to an agreement and there was a work stoppage with full UPS trucks sitting idle in buildings. If your sup or ctr manager was to drive that UPS truck somewhere on area and give you the driving job. Would you do it? Would you become a driver knowing most everybody else across town was picketing? Say the Ctr Manager even sweetened the deal and said he'd pay you full driver rate of over $37 an hour.

This right here. Don’t be a scab when it comes time. I would quickly see you as no longer a teamster.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Jesus dude get out your contract book
Chances are they have no right to disqualify you, go back to work and they can go pound sand. file for your garunteed hours every day they told you that you could not work because of Dairy queen.
They do add-cuts to everybody and they all struggle as a result, this is standard BS that is all because they do not want to run extra routes in expanding urban areas.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If I did the math correctly on your last post it has been 9 weeks, 45 days if worked every day. I doubt there is a local that has a qualification period that long.