DQ'd after passing Integrad...do I have to repeat the whole process or what?

So to make a long story short...I got DQ'd because of some property I unfortunately damaged while riding with my supervisor. I was on my 3rd and final day with a supervisor. It happened while I was still in my 30 day qualification period. In the building where I was, the period between being DQ'd and being able to try again is 1 year...which is not exactly fine with me (there's no way to challenge it I don't think). I already have another job to pass the time until that time comes...my question is do I have repeat the entire process (apply, road test, DOT card, Integrad then 30 days) or do I just go apply & go straight into my 30 days? I passed Integrad with a 93 (the bare minimum is a 75) and only got 50 points on my road test (the maximum to not qualify is 125), if it helps.

charm299

So to make a long story short...I got DQ'd because of some property I unfortunately damaged while riding with my supervisor. I was on my 3rd and final day with a supervisor. It happened while I was still in my 30 day qualification period. In the building where I was, the period between being DQ'd and being able to try again is 1 year...which is not exactly fine with me (there's no way to challenge it I don't think). I already have another job to pass the time until that time comes...my question is do I have repeat the entire process (apply, road test, DOT card, Integrad then 30 days) or do I just go apply & go straight into my 30 days? I passed Integrad with a 93 (the bare minimum is a 75) and only got 50 points on my road test (the maximum to not qualify is 125), if it helps.
Exact same thing happened to somebody where I at, he didn’t have to do anything but start his 30 days over after a year

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
those darned portable basketball hoops!
To answer your question, not really no. We even have language for minor accidents but the company takes a hard line on touching anything other than air and pavement. We've even had cases lost for driving on fresh pavement from a recent roadway improvement and flexible posts and dividers. Basically anything construction related seems to trip new people up quite a bit.

That is, if they are taking such a stance as to call zero damage or alarm contact as proper crashes, you have an even slimmer chance of arguing a case where damage was caused. So similarly people have been DQd for felling basketball hoops (lol), damage to docks, overhangs and small branches even scrapes from branches.

If you think you have a good case that you were somehow still conscientious (IE actively and skillfully avoiding incident) in whatever you were in, I would run with it, but the odds seem pretty bad.

It's an incredibly frustrating mindset, but the company also sees incidents in your first 2 days in a worse light than if you had an incident 2 weeks in. see the comment below.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you can’t make it 3 days without running into something
Maybe you should stick to the job you’ve got lined up

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
What’d ya hit ?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Rock slide incident yesterday shattered my driver side triangle window. What’s that considered?
An avoidable accident duhhhhh. You should have anticipated that rock slide at that exact moment while scanning your mirrors for a potential typhoon wave that is carrying low hanging tree branches......I mean what are they teaching you out there?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
An avoidable accident duhhhhh. You should have anticipated that rock slide at that exact moment while scanning your mirrors for a potential typhoon wave that is carrying low hanging tree branches......I mean what are they teaching you out there?
I agree. Totally an avoidable accident

Karma...

1. was it a big pile of mulch that could have hidden a child?.......2. was the mulch in the clients driveway ?...3. was the mulch damaged aside from the tire tracks............

1. was it a big pile of mulch that could have hidden a child?.......2. was the mulch in the clients driveway ?...3. was the mulch damaged aside from the tire tracks............
1.) No, it was really flat to the ground, in like a circular pattern.
2.) Yes, it was a circular driveway, thats kind of why I was having a hard time getting around it.
3.) Nope, it looks like it could have pushed right back to the way it was before by hand.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
1.) No, it was really flat to the ground, in like a circular pattern.
2.) Yes, it was a circular driveway, thats kind of why I was having a hard time getting around it.
3.) Nope, it looks like it could have pushed right back to the way it was before by hand.
Wait…are you male or female?