DQ'd on day 29

Space8323

Actually I’m just new. Haven’t been around long enough to figure out the politics.

No politics to figure out. Management is shady. Some are open with it, others try to act like they’re being forced to screw people over. They’re all the same, just use different tactics.

Indecisi0n

Just lost a good friend today at my center. He was day 29 of his 30 and management sat him down after his route to let him know they were disqualifying him. Why? Because of his numbers. Whatever that means. They told him he wasn't consistent enough, some days he would be fine and other days he was too slow. I remember him returning to center before me on more than one occasion so there's no way he could've been THAT slow. But of course I don't know the whole story, only what he tells me. Definitely didn't crash, I parked next to his truck at center and it was fine.

They took his UPS badge and had security walk him out. This sucks because this dude works hard, and he's the only friend I have/had at the center. We got along well since I am fairly new (5 months).

Anyway, my question is there anything he can do about it? Can drivers still in their 30 file grievance? His DQ seems very trivial. I'm pretty damn sure he wasn't slacking, the guy has a good work ethic. Can anyone weigh in on this..?
You seem to take a really liking to this male friend of yours. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Smashmouth

Just lost a good friend today at my center. He was day 29 of his 30 and management sat him down after his route to let him know they were disqualifying him. Why? Because of his numbers. Whatever that means. They told him he wasn't consistent enough, some days he would be fine and other days he was too slow. I remember him returning to center before me on more than one occasion so there's no way he could've been THAT slow. But of course I don't know the whole story, only what he tells me. Definitely didn't crash, I parked next to his truck at center and it was fine.

They took his UPS badge and had security walk him out. This sucks because this dude works hard, and he's the only friend I have/had at the center. We got along well since I am fairly new (5 months).

Anyway, my question is there anything he can do about it? Can drivers still in their 30 file grievance? His DQ seems very trivial. I'm pretty damn sure he wasn't slacking, the guy has a good work ethic. Can anyone weigh in on this..?

Did they ride with him??...they are supposed to ride with him multiple times during the first 30, and the center manager is supposed to ride on the last day before gaining seniority...its part of their “30 day packet”....Thats what they are supposed to do...I havent seen a person disqualified in 20+ years in my center, and if we are going by UPS numbers, I know there are some that shouldnt have made it. I dont know if he can do anything about it, but I would call your BA and see, maybe they at least have some insight into it.

M

MenInBrown

Sadly this kind of makes sense. I had no beef with management until this. If he doesn't come back I will forever resent them.
Regardless of this issue, UPS management are not your friend. They are nice to you and hope you divulge some info that they can fire you for.

M

MenInBrown

If they are only using ups numbers, could easily hire an attorney and make them show the numbers and how it was calculated. Nothing has been invented yet to predict traffic. Case closed. He would get his driving job back or a huge payout. Whichever rt UPS would want to go.

Indecisi0n

image683887-Rev-21.jpg

If they are only using ups numbers, could easily hire an attorney and make them show the numbers and how it was calculated. Nothing has been invented yet to predict traffic. Case closed. He would get his driving job back or a huge payout. Whichever rt UPS would want to go.
And how much would it cost an unemployed person to take UPS to court?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

What part of they can DQ you for any reason in the 1st 30 days don't you and everyone else understand?

M

MenInBrown

What part of they can DQ you for any reason in the 1st 30 days don't you and everyone else understand?

What part of the OP question did you not understand? There was a reason, and it was used by false numbers. Prove the numbers are 100% accurate without estimations and then yes, they would have that reason. Problem is, they can’t prove it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Are you ok? Why would you not want to give an attorney a cut after they represented you for free? Too early for the crack pipe. Just say no.
Pro Bono means they work for free.....it has nothing to do with them getting a cut of the settlement.
That is called Contingency Pay.

So please understand what the words you are using mean.
Also when you can form an intelligent and coherent argument without ad hominem attacks get back to me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sounds like you don't know the whole story.

maybe you could ask HR. probably happens all the time.

peak is right around the corner. not familiar with DQ rules. can he be rehired for peak driving or building? if not he may have committed cardinal sin like falsifying.

Zowert

What part of the OP question did you not understand? There was a reason, and it was used by false numbers. Prove the numbers are 100% accurate without estimations and then yes, they would have that reason. Problem is, they can’t prove it.

This. I know his numbers couldn’t have been bad because he was getting back to the center the same time as everyone else. I think they just made an excuse to get rid of him. But whatever, I guess he went to the union and they’re going to try and intervene. Even though he wasn’t technically in the union yet.