DQ'd on day 29

brown_trousers

This. I know his numbers couldn’t have been bad because he was getting back to the center the same time as everyone else. I think they just made an excuse to get rid of him. But whatever, I guess he went to the union and they’re going to try and intervene. Even though he wasn’t technically in the union yet.

I would bet that management would prefer off the street hires over us union guys that are already pension vested, with medical benefits, and know how to write grievances.

An off the street hire is their dream come true. They can use them, abuse them, and push them to quit before they make progression and become vested. A full time driver that costs them less than half of what they pay us

There has to more to this story...

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ve never seen that at my building. I guess it’s because we’re so desperate for workers, I mean there’s covers here that come in noticeably under the influence and they just toss them the keys. Covered in tattoos, unshaven, fat and slow. My numbers weren’t great when I first started but I only had one week out on my own before peak. Drove almost everyday for six months before they qualified me.

Zowert

sounds like you don't know the whole story.

maybe you could ask HR. probably happens all the time.

peak is right around the corner. not familiar with DQ rules. can he be rehired for peak driving or building? if not he may have committed cardinal sin like falsifying.

What could you falsify that would get you DQ’d or terminated?

Zowert

I would bet that management would prefer off the street hires over us union guys that are already pension vested, with medical benefits, and know how to write grievances.

An off the street hire is their dream come true. They can use them, abuse them, and push them to quit before they make progression and become vested. A full time driver that costs them less than half of what they pay us

There has to more to this story...

He worked preload around six years ago, quit after a year to join the coast guard then he got out of that not too long ago and applied for a driving job. We are or were at the time hiring drivers like crazy. Some came from off the street because most of the package handlers (a lot of college kids) do not want to move into driving.

Heavy Package

UPS is going to counter with a much worse or less final offer. UPS has totally lost any patience. Once the weather grows cooler & before October. Be prepared for some major life changes coming. That's the way I see it.

Stay by your computer and keep making those numbers work when no packages are being delivered and no revenue coming in the door. Wall St will be knocking -more like kicking - the marble and granite palace doors in Atlanta saying to settle this ASAP. There is no company that can replace all the volume we do under the working conditions we do it in. Period. It would be settled in less than 1 week.