DR Church

DownSouthUPS

You can DR it with the new Diad update. Mixed usage....I think it then pops up and says nursery, worship, business out of home or something close to those words.

BUCN85

I sometimes pick and choose depending on how safe of a location and size of package. A lot of churches have oversized mailboxes so that is always a safe bet if they do not have posted hours. Which many do not. And it seems those with posted hours are all gone by noon

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A church or religious institution with an entrance open to the public is commercial and requires a signature.

A rectory, convent or parsonage is considered a residential delivery.

The company that publishes and distributes the weekly church bulletins has been having an issue with drivers not releasing their packages. This is primarily due to the upgrade which is now forcing us to get a signature.

El Correcto

god is dead
The diad training says it's all on the driver no matter what. So I don't DR churches anymore. If their stuff gets stolen I'm sure it'll come back on me for dishonesty driver releasing a business. hen again I guess you could always sign Jesus Christ for them and say he lives in all our hearts :P

Last edited:

I always use to DR churches ( but would get a signature if I could ) but most church offices have very strange hours ( usually evening or early morning ) and they never seem to sign the info notice for an SDN

oldngray

nowhere special
It seems to me that things are just going back to how they used to be. Just a clarification because some people were trying to bend the rules to DR churches. Churches are frequently a pain to but the rules remain the same. Possibly there were complaints from churches being hit with a residential surcharge from driver releases. It should be just as worldwide said in post # 11.