DR option

UPSmeoff

Say your going to DR a pkg.
Its programmed into the board......no dr..........
down on the left of the screen there is a 'rel' button...
you press it and it gives you the option to dr...etc...
it then asks if its res. or com.
Any of you seen this.

DS

Fenderbender
The diad is designed with overide options for specific circumstances.Like if you cant scan your turn in envelope,
do you want to complete pickup before scheduled time,etc.
But I think this dr option should not be used in this case.
The shipper requested a signature and thats the only thing
that matters.If it were Christmas eve and nobody was home
you better find a neighbor to take it,or bring it back.

govols019

You smell that?
The release number function can be used in areas that are coded level 4. You have to use it for BASIC packages and certain other instances. You NEVER DR a package that is signature required.

Hangingon

I think he means the stop is a no DR stop, not that the package is a sig required. We were told if it's safe and the package has a release number we can DR it to these stops also. Most of the no DR stops are because of too many DDFU's but we aren't paying a claim if it has a release number, or so my present sup says. Seems UPS policies change every time I get a new sup.

Cole

If it is a note 4 and says no driver release, follow those instructions, becuase you know who they will blame if you release it and it vanishes.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Where I am at, a "Code 4" means no DR under any circumstances, doesn't matter if it is Basic or not. This means we have paid a claim at that address and the Center management team has decided that everything has to be signed for. I have heard of somebody over-riding the DIAD by entering the complete address like a new street, then the Code 4 doesn't show up and they would leave it. Besides being wrong, I would think that would show up the next day on a report as a manual over-ride.

SmithBarney

I had a group of trailers(trailer park) that was no
DR, but I was allowed to use the DR option for
MCW MCM, any of the ones with physically meeting people.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dont overide it, its a no dr for a reason make an attempt leave notice, for the more send agains today the more job security tomorrow!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That option is only for packages which say to leave it and use the release number. For pkgs that are shipper rel to houses which require a sig coz they are thieves, you can hit signed delivery notice and type in shipper release. A stop that has it other than that is usually because of a dfu, and no matter where you leave it, they will say they didnt get it. It isnt worth your time or your job to find a way to leave it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, thats why we leave them wherever. I had one for a drs office on Good friday, they were closed, I knew if I left it It wouldnt be there in five minutes. I was told to leave it at the front door. I was covered, and I got screamed at on Monday, told them thats the level of service they paid for. heres the number call them. Its "basically" worthless crap.

satellitedriver

Say your going to DR a pkg.
Its programmed into the board......no dr..........
down on the left of the screen there is a 'rel' button...
you press it and it gives you the option to dr...etc...
it then asks if its res. or com.
Any of you seen this.
If the Diad says "Don't do it", then don't do it. If the Diad says, "It is OK to do it", then use your own judgement.

browniehound

Where I am at, a "Code 4" means no DR under any circumstances, doesn't matter if it is Basic or not. This means we have paid a claim at that address and the Center management team has decided that everything has to be signed for. I have heard of somebody over-riding the DIAD by entering the complete address like a new street, then the Code 4 doesn't show up and they would leave it. Besides being wrong, I would think that would show up the next day on a report as a manual over-ride.

Scratch,
Where I'm from we are to release any package that is shipper release. It doesn't matter if its a business or apartment complex, ect... If its a note 4 we are told to DR the package. When this happens, the "no DR" screen appears. After that there is a "rel number" option in my DIAD and I hit that key. When I do that, the DIAD fills in some numbers and I hit stop complete. Anyone else do this?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Scratch,
Where I'm from we are to release any package that is shipper release. It doesn't matter if its a business or apartment complex, ect... If its a note 4 we are told to DR the package. When this happens, the "no DR" screen appears. After that there is a "rel number" option in my DIAD and I hit that key. When I do that, the DIAD fills in some numbers and I hit stop complete. Anyone else do this?
I have done it that way back before Basic with release number packages. It will work with Basic packages too.