DRA Maps

DRAisawesome

I am not making fun at all. What do you use your mapping for? Don't you just put in stop order and go from there? I have DRA but don't use it at all. I'm in a downtown area and DRA is a mess.

Nolimitz

I only use it to see how friend'ed up dra is. if stop 60 is next to 24 Im doing both at same time. No round about, loop the loo's if I can avoid it. Never have time in fine sort to look at address's on boxes. VAn and go..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am not making fun at all. What do you use your mapping for? Don't you just put in stop order and go from there? I have DRA but don't use it at all. I'm in a downtown area and DRA is a mess.

You need to faithfully follow DRA because you aren't "smart" enough to out-think our fabulous engineers. They know best, so follow their instructions (and DRA) to the letter.

Goldilocks

The problem is that DRA routes you to different areas everyday. We are not swing drivers. Without a map no one knows where to find all the resi's. Are we suppose to use our GPS? I wont....

5yearsleft

Most of these couriers are 15 to 20 year people who have been in their own areas for years. Now they are in a new area every day, often in new developments that aren't even in a map book. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of making it more efficient.

!Retired!

The point of DRA is to be able to take any driver and put them in any area so they can run that route (great in theory, sucks in reality). Without a map, how would they find a street that might only be 3-4 blocks away? DRA sucks in business areas, but in pure residential areas, it does pretty damn good.
I only use it to see how friend'ed up dra is. if stop 60 is next to 24 Im doing both at same time. No round about, loop the loo's if I can avoid it. Never have time in fine sort to look at address's on boxes. VAn and go..
A courier in my loop does 15-20 more stops every day than what DRA says she should have. So, my manager went on a checkride last week and asked her to run the route EXACTLY how DRA says. I have no idea of the result. But, I can imagine what happened.

I've been using a 2010 Rand McNally map when I need it.

Goldilocks

Well how would swing drivers learn the areas? I would think you'd do it that way.

Fedex use to provide us with Mapsco's. Not in the budget. Why in the world should we go out and purchase a smart phone so that we could run a route? Bottom line, they need to provide the tools for us to run routes.

bbsam

Staff member
Phonebooks usually have maps in them. Personally, after getting a smartphone with maps, I'll never use anything else. Come in most handy for addresses in those rural areas where three counties come together and none of they all use a different grid.

Nolimitz

We were notified this am that DRA maps would not be available " UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" in other words, when hell freezes over. Luckily I found an old county map book buried in my truck supplies this week.